MSNBot has not Crawled by Website At all, Sitemap submitted on 10th July RRS feed

• Question

• No wonder MSN is not becoming popular in serach results !. Even for webmasters its a pain to get their website indexed. In my case, It still shows old cached page as of 1st June 2008, where my website content gets weekly updated. I signed up for webmaster account it still shows last crawl date as "June 6th, 2008" and number of pages indexed is just 1....Very frustrating and very poor tool to enable information rich content on MSN. Really discouraing for me. This is my last attempt to post a message on the blog and see if there are any people out there from MSN to help people like us.

Friday, August 8, 2008 9:17 AM

Answers

• Hi

We would love to index every page on the web and would love to index every site, but we currently cannot guarantee that each site will be indexed and we don't guarantee coverage to any site. 

We are growing our index all the time. We quadrupled our index size in the last year and hopefully we will continue to grow the same way next year. So why does it crawl so many pages and index none?  Because we have to select what we think are the best pages.  Not everyone will agree with the design of the selection and ranking algorithm, however, we are always working on making selection better.

Monday, August 25, 2008 8:06 PM

All replies

• Hi

We would love to index every page on the web and would love to index every site, but we currently cannot guarantee that each site will be indexed and we don't guarantee coverage to any site. 

We are growing our index all the time. We quadrupled our index size in the last year and hopefully we will continue to grow the same way next year. So why does it crawl so many pages and index none?  Because we have to select what we think are the best pages.  Not everyone will agree with the design of the selection and ranking algorithm, however, we are always working on making selection better.

Monday, August 25, 2008 8:06 PM
  •  

Hi,

Our URL is not appear in Live search at all.

http://www.systemsinmicro.co.uk/

we are top in google. but not anyware in live search.

I have submitted URL through

http://search.msn.com/docs/submit.aspx

before 1 months and did 2 times but still noware in live search list..

can you do the needful please.

Regards,

NIrav

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 11:25 AM
  • I just checked the cdmupudate website.  209 pages indexed in Google.  235 pages indexed in Live.

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 3:24 PM