Permissions for OneCare RRS feed

• Question

•  

Under questions and answers for OneCare it says I need to reset permissions for OneCare.  I click fix it and nothing happens.  The same urgent box comes up and tells me to reset permissions for OneCare.  How do I fix this?
    Friday, February 15, 2008 4:26 AM

Answers

All replies

• lf the Fix-it button doesn't work, please contact support for help:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Saturday, February 16, 2008 1:41 AM
  • When I open Live OneCare it says "Problems were found on your computer. This PC has problems that are affecting its security or performance. Click 'FIX' to fix them now." And there is a button labeled Fix to click. I click the button and it opens a blank window. I have looked everywhere for an answer to this. I even emailed Live OneCare support and their answer was:

Thank you for writing to Windows Live ID Technical Support.  My name is Christian Eugene and I understand that you are having issues using Windows Live One Care.  I know how important this is to you and I look forward to providing you with the necessary assistance today. 

To help resolve your issue, I request that you contact the Technical Support group of Windows Live One Care by going to the link below:

Please accept my sincerest apologies for not being able to assist you fully.  We appreciate your continued support as we strive to provide you with the highest quality service available. 

That is a link to where I looked for hours for an answer and found none. I can't believe this. If you know what I should do I would GREATLY appreciate a response. I really don't like knowing that the security of my computer is at risk... especially since that's why I purchased Live OneCare to begin with!

Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:33 PM
  • Hi, Sherri. I'm sorry that your support request apparently went to the wrong place. See this post for how to reach support for OneCare:

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, March 20, 2008 3:59 PM
  • Thank you SO much! It took about 10 minutes to fix this problem thanks to you. I spent hours yesterday trying to find an answer. I had never been to this site, where helpful people like you put answers to our problems. I'm so glad I found this site and people like you take the time to help 'technologically challenged' people like me, lol. Thanks again! 
    Thursday, March 20, 2008 4:42 PM
  • I'm happy to have been able to help, Sherri, if only to let you know how to reach support. :-)

-steve

Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:11 PM
  •  

When I open Live OneCare it says "Problems were found on your computer. This PC has problems that are affecting its security or performance. Click 'FIX' to fix them now." And there is a button labeled Fix to click. I click the button and it opens a blank window.

could someone please tell me how to solve this..  This is on my wife 's lap top. She is running XP and has version 2,  service pack 3 etc.

I get a yellow status on my computer as it is the hub one.  I have installed all the updates, done a tune up, etc.. and still can't get beyond  the above error message.

I see someone was able to fix their machine.. would you please share with me?

Tuesday, June 17, 2008 10:28 PM
  • Wednesday, June 18, 2008 12:11 AM