Install stops at the First "Green" Screen RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

My Install (on the previously mentioned NVIDIA NFORCE2 chipset) consistently "hangs" at the initial graphic screen.  The machine has 512MB RAM.  I'm a bit confused as there is no indication of any problem.

Any suggestions gladly received.

Friday, February 23, 2007 12:40 PM

Answers

• I got frustrated with this too... but it really isnt hung... just give it some time. It took a good few min and im using 1GB RAM on a 2.6 pentium D.
    Friday, February 23, 2007 11:07 PM

All replies

• I got frustrated with this too... but it really isnt hung... just give it some time. It took a good few min and im using 1GB RAM on a 2.6 pentium D.
    Friday, February 23, 2007 11:07 PM
  • Thanks.

A combination of failing to mread the documentation ;-[  and impatience.   After rectifying the first, anjd doing as you suggested & waiting a bit longer all is now well.

TVM

Monday, February 26, 2007 6:38 PM
  • I'm having the same thing happen on a Dell Poweredge 1650 that I'm trying to install WHS on. I even tried installing Vista RC1 on it with the same thing occuring.

So just how long are you suppose to wait, cause I went off to grab a coke & read the paper and nothing  happened. Heck, in the time it's taken me to write this, I've reinstalled the cd drive in the 1650, the dvd drive in the source notebook and partially install netware 6.5.

--Rod.H

Wednesday, February 28, 2007 12:28 PM