Reinvested dividends RRS feed

• Question

• When i reinvest a dividend in the investment section the MS Money report does show it as income (the dividend) but does not show the payee name.  Simply states (No payee).

Does anyone have a solution?  

If so kindly post or email me at ********

Many thanks

Friday, December 27, 2013 1:50 PM

All replies

• 1. What report are you looking at? You will get a larger selection of reports if you switch to Advanced Reports from Essential Reports.

2. I think you are saying that you are entering a ReinvestDividend transaction in the InvestmentTransactions register. Those dividends are included in the "Transfers" section of the "Monthly income and expenses" report. I know that sounds like an unexpected label for something that includes dividend income. The "Income and Spending" report includes those dividends. You will probably want to Customize to de-select any IRA accounts-- depending on your purpose. Those reports do not offer the detail that you want. Instead see "Investment Transactions" and "Tax-related Transactions" reports. Those two reports do indicate the security that paid the dividend. Also note that you can Customize reports to better suit your requirements, and you can save that customized report as a Favorite for later use.

3. Depending on your version of Microsoft Money you may be able to add the Reports icon near the top of your Money window for easier access to reports. Click "Shortcuts...", select "Reports" in the Available box, and click Add.

3. Regarding your email address, I am not going to email you. However if you have selected to 'Alert me when someone responds to this post", you will get an email with the contents. I do suggest that you Edit your post to remove your email address. (edit: I did that thinking you would want that. Edit it back if you want.) Spammers often look for new email addresses to add to spam lists. Your posts are public.

Friday, December 27, 2013 5:13 PM