After Installing a Partner Version of Office 2007, office 2003 says not Genuine RRS feed

• Question

• Diagnostic Report (1.7.0012.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-KX9HW-YM6W9-XHR2G
    Windows Product Key Hash: 8a+5HJJ0ZwuZ7+2DOTFIcn8INBM=
    Windows Product ID: 55277-OEM-2111907-00110
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom
    ID: de2303cf-f4c1-4c3f-ad83-e5ecda053f04
    Is Admin: Yes
    AutoDial: No
    Registry: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.17.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic:
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.17.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics: 77F760FE-150-80070002_7E90FEE8-175-80070002_B4D0AA8B-530-645

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>de2303cf-f4c1-4c3f-ad83-e5ecda053f04</UGUID><Version>1.7.0012.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.2.0.hom</OS><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-XHR2G</PKey><PID>55277-OEM-2111907-00110</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-2045719315-2240790080-1441024770</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Sony Corporation</Manufacturer><Model>PCG-K23(UC)</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies LTD</Manufacturer><Version>R0110X1</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20040519000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Sony Corporation,Sony Corporation</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>22A63207018400E2</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Sony Electronics Inc.</name><model>VAIO Computer</model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57342</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{90170409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>5EA9C3672EB0500</Val><Hash>GZD+9sfb5ecL3RxyV4F75a86u2M=</Hash><Pid>72079-640-0000106-55160</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{903B0409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>5EA9C3672EB0500</Val><Hash>GZD+9sfb5ecL3RxyV4F75a86u2M=</Hash><Pid>72077-640-0000106-55902</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{90510409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>5EA9C3672EB0500</Val><Hash>GZD+9sfb5ecL3RxyV4F75a86u2M=</Hash><Pid>72085-640-0000106-55065</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{90A10409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office OneNote 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>5EA9C3672EB0500</Val><Hash>GZD+9sfb5ecL3RxyV4F75a86u2M=</Hash><Pid>70172-640-0000106-55477</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{91120000-0014-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>BEFEC0D3680670A</Val><Hash>RopBTACZaqiLSaYMaaDgQLrP+zg=</Hash><Pid>81605-901-9456022-65241</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Saturday, March 10, 2007 5:45 PM

Answers

• PaulFina,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information and posting on the thread. I am curious what is a Partner Version you reference?  Diagnostic results helps our team find resolutions. James I have extracted a portion of your diagnostic results to review with you.

OGA Data-->

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with Office and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install Office Professional Edition is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office  should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and version of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of Office XP Pro is an unauthorized installation. You will need to uninstall Office and use the product key that came with your Office Professional Edition.  It may be affixed to the CD cover or jewel case on a yellow/orange sticker.     

As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution.  First,  if this comes as a total surprise to you, please go back to where you purchased Office and let them know it is a counterfeit copy and demand they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid for. Print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the 114 Blocked VLK status.  In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of Office to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your Office.  Second, if you purchased this copy of Office from a reseller or retailer, you are a victim and should report this piracy to Microsoft. Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided. Reporting piracy to Microsoft will help alleviate others in becoming victims such as yourself. You may be eligible for a complimentary replacement copy if you were sold a high quality counterfeit copy of Office.  For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your alidation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/. It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

Good news James your Windows installation did pass validation and is genuine, so that's great news. Again I am sorry to hear about your situation. In turn I hope the information will help you with getting a resolution. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Stephen Holm MS

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 12:12 AM
  • I am a Microsoft Partner, the 2007 version I received was from Microsoft Event I attended this year, as for office 2003 I bought the PC second hand but it the packaging was Microsoft and Sony. The error message did not appear until after the install of office 2007, the office 2003 version ran thru genuine validation numerous times.  

I believe there is a problem some where....

by the way I am trying to test the integrity of office 2007 before I uninstall the Office 2003 version, todate the 2007 version is ok but extremely slow, and goes off to never land for extended periods of time and then comes back. Which is why I am trying to get any updates that might be available. I don t understand why the 2007 version won't update so I can proceed with a migration. You are defeating the purpose of the validation from what I see.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 3:50 PM
  • PaulFila,

Thank you for sharing more information with me. There are a couple points of interest which may be leading to the blocked VLK you are experiencing. First and foremost we really don't know the integerity of Office 2003 as it was purchased second hand. Pirates have become very good @ emulating disks to look like original disks. Question did Office 2003 come with this computer when you purchased it? In turn this would explain why you are receiving the blocked VLK. Also, Microsoft does not recommend running multiple versions of Office simultaneously but it is possible to install and use more than one version on a single computer. For example, you can install and use both Microsoft Office XP and Microsoft Office 97 on the same computer.

Below is a Knowledge Base (KB) article describing problems you may encounter and offers advice on preventing different versions of Office from conflicting with each other.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290576/en-us

PaulFila lets try something. Please uninstall both versions of MS Office.  Attached below is a Knowledge Base (KB) article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. This will allow you to download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and explain detailed information. Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and uninstall all Microsoft Office programs on your computer. If you would like to test the validity of Office 2003 reinstall Microsoft Office using the genuine MS Office installation CD and product key. Next run the diagnostic test and lets see if you get the same blocked VLK 114 status code. The chances are extremely high the copy of Office 2003 is a blocked VLK if you didn't purchase it and was already on the system. Recently I have seen several posts surround Blocked VLK's. Worse case scenero if Office is blocked is you still have MS Office 2007. In turn I would highly recommend you submit a piracy report as posted in my previous post. In turn you may be eligible for a free copy of Office in question.  As you know submitting piracy reports will help others becomming victims of software piracy. Also you never can tell what is packaged with pirated software. Please re-post @ your earliest convience and let me know the outcome of the results. Again sorry for the inconvience. 

Thank you very much :-)

Stephen Holm MS

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 6:29 PM
  • Seems as thou every time I ask for assistance all I ever get is uninstall and pray the problem goes away when you re-install, they never do, so, if you won't help, just say so and good bye, I am seriupsly thinking of dropping my partnership with microsoft and moving my customers and friends over to Linux, at least a I can review my problems on my own. Since Linux is opensource.

Sorry I bother you

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 6:42 PM
  • PaulFila,

You aren’t bothering me.  As you I too am a customer and try putting myself in your spot while providing customer service as I would expect to receive. I have reviewed your concerns with a colleague as well as researched more documentation about Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) controls process.   Again I apologize if you feel like this has been a run around. 

There are extenuating circumstances surrounding your situation.  Troubleshooting using the  process of elimination could help us resolve your issue.  The diagnostic results you provided indicate a blocked VLK 114 status for Office.  These are two definite situations we must focus on.  As a recommendation I wanted you to uninstall all MS Office products then run the aforementioned utility.  This may have alleviated any possible conflicts which could have arisen while cohabitating two versions of MS Office.  Microsoft doesn’t recommend installing and using two versions of Office simultaneously.  It is possible and I provided the KB article. 

The bottom line is you have a blocked volume license key (VLK).  There isn’t anything else we can do to alleviate what has happened except file a piracy report and remove the blocked version of Office from your computer.  I strongly encourage you to file a piracy report.  Here you will find detailed instructions and you may qualify for a free copy of MS Office 2003.  Filing piracy reports is one way to thwart pirates from reeking havoc as well as help other valued customers such as yourself from being taken advantage of.  Please feel free to re-post here if we may be of further assistance.  I honestly hope this information has assisted you.  Take care and have a great day

Best regards

Stephen Holm MS

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 12:30 AM
  • Paul:

I am a lead program manager for the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Program. I've been observing this post for the last few posts or so, and I think some clarification would help understand whats going on. Lets take a step back and take a look at your computer problems with Office 2003.

About Office 2003

Looking at the diagnostics output, your copy of Office 2003 Front Page, Project, One-Note, and the suite Professional are non-genuine. They are volume-licenses (actually they are all using the same volume license) for one specific corporation belonging to the Washington State area in the U.S. If you believe you belong to this company or own the license, please provide me with the Microsoft Volume License Agreement number so we can review the account and contact the names listed on the contact to investigate.

Office Genuine Advantage Validation Design

Also, we're more than always open for suggestion about our program design - how specifically is it flawed? The Office licensing structure is very intense, especially when suites and products can be installed separately and on-top of each other (Much like how you have 2003 and 2007 Office Professional installed separately). It has been reviewed countless times by both our licensing and legal departments to follow EULA rights and agreements (which can be viewed on your PC within each MS Office product). More details would help us understand what flaws may be within our program logic.

In order for your Office installations to be recognized as genuine, you must have NO non-genuine office products installed. Unfortunately, you'll have to uninstall your Office 2003 products and suites in order for your Office 2007 to be labeled genuine.

Office 2003 Non-Genuine Status and Pricing for "Trial Use"

We do not negotiate pricing on this forum, nor are we allowed to discuss "one-off" trial licensing. Office 2003 is not available as a trial and we will not be "unblocking" that Volume License without talking to the original owner again (as each blocked Volume License is reviewed with each owning corporation/business). Again, if you believe you are the true owner of the copy of Office 2003 Volume License, please provide me with the License Agreement number so I can contact the contract owners listed to resolve the potential issue - we would definitely like to clear up any confusion with our partners!

In addition, this thread may be locked due to the nature of the replies within. We do not allow any threats on the forum, as this is a public forum that is used by various users worldwide. Please watch the language and verbage.

-phil

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:03 PM

All replies

• PaulFina,

Thank you for posting your diagnostic information and posting on the thread. I am curious what is a Partner Version you reference?  Diagnostic results helps our team find resolutions. James I have extracted a portion of your diagnostic results to review with you.

OGA Data-->

I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with Office and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install Office Professional Edition is a Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VL editions of either an Operating System and/or Office  should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and version of MS Office are Upgrade licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of Office XP Pro is an unauthorized installation. You will need to uninstall Office and use the product key that came with your Office Professional Edition.  It may be affixed to the CD cover or jewel case on a yellow/orange sticker.     

As a customer there are options available to you for a resolution.  First,  if this comes as a total surprise to you, please go back to where you purchased Office and let them know it is a counterfeit copy and demand they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid for. Print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them proof for the 114 Blocked VLK status.  In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of Office to alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your Office.  Second, if you purchased this copy of Office from a reseller or retailer, you are a victim and should report this piracy to Microsoft. Microsoft legal will follow up on all leads provided. Reporting piracy to Microsoft will help alleviate others in becoming victims such as yourself. You may be eligible for a complimentary replacement copy if you were sold a high quality counterfeit copy of Office.  For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your alidation failure details or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/. It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.

Good news James your Windows installation did pass validation and is genuine, so that's great news. Again I am sorry to hear about your situation. In turn I hope the information will help you with getting a resolution. Please don't hesitate re-posting if you need further assistance.

Thank you

Stephen Holm MS

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 12:12 AM
  • I am a Microsoft Partner, the 2007 version I received was from Microsoft Event I attended this year, as for office 2003 I bought the PC second hand but it the packaging was Microsoft and Sony. The error message did not appear until after the install of office 2007, the office 2003 version ran thru genuine validation numerous times.  

I believe there is a problem some where....

by the way I am trying to test the integrity of office 2007 before I uninstall the Office 2003 version, todate the 2007 version is ok but extremely slow, and goes off to never land for extended periods of time and then comes back. Which is why I am trying to get any updates that might be available. I don t understand why the 2007 version won't update so I can proceed with a migration. You are defeating the purpose of the validation from what I see.

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 3:50 PM
  • PaulFila,

Thank you for sharing more information with me. There are a couple points of interest which may be leading to the blocked VLK you are experiencing. First and foremost we really don't know the integerity of Office 2003 as it was purchased second hand. Pirates have become very good @ emulating disks to look like original disks. Question did Office 2003 come with this computer when you purchased it? In turn this would explain why you are receiving the blocked VLK. Also, Microsoft does not recommend running multiple versions of Office simultaneously but it is possible to install and use more than one version on a single computer. For example, you can install and use both Microsoft Office XP and Microsoft Office 97 on the same computer.

Below is a Knowledge Base (KB) article describing problems you may encounter and offers advice on preventing different versions of Office from conflicting with each other.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290576/en-us

PaulFila lets try something. Please uninstall both versions of MS Office.  Attached below is a Knowledge Base (KB) article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. This will allow you to download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and explain detailed information. Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and uninstall all Microsoft Office programs on your computer. If you would like to test the validity of Office 2003 reinstall Microsoft Office using the genuine MS Office installation CD and product key. Next run the diagnostic test and lets see if you get the same blocked VLK 114 status code. The chances are extremely high the copy of Office 2003 is a blocked VLK if you didn't purchase it and was already on the system. Recently I have seen several posts surround Blocked VLK's. Worse case scenero if Office is blocked is you still have MS Office 2007. In turn I would highly recommend you submit a piracy report as posted in my previous post. In turn you may be eligible for a free copy of Office in question.  As you know submitting piracy reports will help others becomming victims of software piracy. Also you never can tell what is packaged with pirated software. Please re-post @ your earliest convience and let me know the outcome of the results. Again sorry for the inconvience. 

Thank you very much :-)

Stephen Holm MS

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 6:29 PM
  • Seems as thou every time I ask for assistance all I ever get is uninstall and pray the problem goes away when you re-install, they never do, so, if you won't help, just say so and good bye, I am seriupsly thinking of dropping my partnership with microsoft and moving my customers and friends over to Linux, at least a I can review my problems on my own. Since Linux is opensource.

Sorry I bother you

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 6:42 PM
  • PaulFila,

You aren’t bothering me.  As you I too am a customer and try putting myself in your spot while providing customer service as I would expect to receive. I have reviewed your concerns with a colleague as well as researched more documentation about Office Genuine Advantage (OGA) controls process.   Again I apologize if you feel like this has been a run around. 

There are extenuating circumstances surrounding your situation.  Troubleshooting using the  process of elimination could help us resolve your issue.  The diagnostic results you provided indicate a blocked VLK 114 status for Office.  These are two definite situations we must focus on.  As a recommendation I wanted you to uninstall all MS Office products then run the aforementioned utility.  This may have alleviated any possible conflicts which could have arisen while cohabitating two versions of MS Office.  Microsoft doesn’t recommend installing and using two versions of Office simultaneously.  It is possible and I provided the KB article. 

The bottom line is you have a blocked volume license key (VLK).  There isn’t anything else we can do to alleviate what has happened except file a piracy report and remove the blocked version of Office from your computer.  I strongly encourage you to file a piracy report.  Here you will find detailed instructions and you may qualify for a free copy of MS Office 2003.  Filing piracy reports is one way to thwart pirates from reeking havoc as well as help other valued customers such as yourself from being taken advantage of.  Please feel free to re-post here if we may be of further assistance.  I honestly hope this information has assisted you.  Take care and have a great day

Best regards

Stephen Holm MS

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 12:30 AM
  • Is there a temporary way to allow office 2003 to be validated for 30 days so I can continue my review, such as key that will expire in 30 days? thus allowing me to get the latest updates for my validated 2007 version? I seem to be having a number of problems that make a total conversion impossible for me and my customers. At this point I cannot in good faith recommend 2007 to anyone. Functions are missing and the various packages (excel, and word) go off to never land for 10 minutes and then return (with 100% CPU), all on their own. If you want I will pay a nominal fee to hold the 2003 version in limbo for 30 days? Unless MS wants me to say goodbye...?

Paul    

Friday, March 16, 2007 1:28 AM
  • Paul,

You aren’t bothering me nor is anyone asking you to say goodbye.  In turn we are trying to provide assistance so you can provide a recommendation for your customers.  Your version of MS Office 2003 has been identified as a blocked volume licensing key at the request of the customer. The computer purchased already had Office 2003 installed. There isn’t anything else we can do to alleviate what has happened except recommend you to file a piracy report and remove the blocked version of Office from your computer.  Do you have any software disks (Office 2003) which came with the purchased computer?  I strongly encourage you to file a piracy report and you may qualify for a free copy of MS Office 2003.  In turn you will be asked to send the questionable disks to MS for analyzing.  Now as far as being permitted updates for the Partner Version of Office 2007 you should be allowed if you have the full version.  Having Office 2003 doesn't have any factor in regards of updates for Office 2007 unless 2007 is an upgrade. Question, what version of 2007 do you have upgrade or full? If your partner version of Office 2007 is an upgrade then I can see your concern because you can't install unless you have a previous version of office.  Again, keep in mind cohabiating two versions of Office on one machine presents problems but can be done following the KB article which I provided. Again I would recommend deleting both versions of Office and using the utility previously provided to uninstall.  If you have a full version of Office 2007 please install it for your evalulation purposes prior making any recommendations to customers. Again please re-post here if we may be of further assistance. 

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Program Manager

Friday, March 16, 2007 6:32 PM
  • BFraid,

As I previously posted please post your diagnostic results in the forum. W have provided you with some self-help options we have made available for our customers to address the issue you are currently experiencing. Please follow the steps outlined below as it could either resolve your issue or, if need be, provide us with additional information to determine the cause of this issue.

1. Ensure you log onto the computer experiencing the issue with “Administrator” rights.
    2. Next we would like to confirm that you are running the most current version of the Genuine Advantage control on your computer. In order to do this please follow the below link and choose the “Validate Office” option.

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine

If the above steps did not resolve your issue lets continue with the steps below.

I would like to provide some of the self-help options we have made available for our customers to address these issues. If you could please follow the steps outlined below the diagnostics Web Site will attempt to resolve the validation errors you are experiencing with Office.
    http://www.microsoft.com/Genuine/diag/RunDiags.aspx?displayLang=en

Next follow the on-screen prompts to resolve the issue if any of the checks at the above site fail. You can do this by choosing the “Resolve Now” button if it appears. If, after attempting to resolve the issue as per the instructions on the above site fails, please refer to the link below and run the MGA Diagnostics tool:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012    

You will be prompted to either “Run” or “Save” the tool. Choose to “Run” the tool and follow the on-screen prompts. You will receive an “Internet Explorer-Security Warning” dialog box for the “Windows Genuine Advantage Diagnostic Tool”, you must choose to “Run” this tool when prompted.

Once you are presented with the Diagnostics tool choose “Continue” to run the diagnostic report. If the “RESOLVE” button is available after running the diagnostics, please click “RESOLVE” to allow the diagnostic tool to attempt a repair.

1. After running the MGA Diagnostic tool, click on the “Windows” tab and then click on “Copy”.
    2. Please return to this post and “Paste” the results here for additional review.

If the issue still has not been resolved could you please provide us with the following information?

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Program Manager,
    Stephen MS

Monday, March 19, 2007 7:58 PM
  • Bfraid and Schussor,

As a recommendation I previously mentioned to uninstall all MS Office products then run the aforementioned utility located @ http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. This will allow you to download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and explain detailed information. Use the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility and uninstall all Microsoft Office program/s and/or the trial version on your computer.  This may have alleviated any possible conflicts which could have arisen while cohabitating two versions of MS Office. Microsoft doesn’t recommend installing and using two versions of Office simultaneously. Here is a Knowledge Base (KB) article, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290576/en-us, describing problems you may encounter and offers advice for preventing different versions of Office from conflicting with each other.

Schussor you mentioned a bug within the Office Genuing Advantage (OGA) control utility program. There isn't a bug in this program. Let me explain how OGA control validates and maybe you will understand what has happened in your situation.  All Microsoft Office trial version products, regardless of version, will not be able to be validated as genuine Microsoft Office products. 

OGA controls follow a sequence of events. When validating Microsoft Office, OGA checks for products and editions in this order:

1. Microsoft Office 2007
    2. Microsoft Office 2003 
         a. Microsoft Office 2003 Editions
         b. Microsoft Office 2003 Products
    3. Microsoft Office XP
    a. Microsoft Office XP Editions
    b. Microsoft Office XP Products

You discussed piracy. Each year Microsoft and other companies have major monetary loses because there are pirated copies of software floating about. WGA and OGA enlighten but more importantly  protect customers who thought they had purchased Genuine Microsoft software. Obtaining Genuine Microsoft software also provides the customer full support with the software as well as safety because Genuine Microsoft Office media are not exposed to spyware or viruses.  I hope this information has assisted. Please re-post at your earliest convience and let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you,
    Stephen Holm
    OGA Forum Program Manager,
    Stephen MS

Monday, March 19, 2007 8:48 PM
  •  

Stephen, seems to me the loigc flow is flawed in the OGA process

Current Flow that is flawed, from prior reply

OGA controls follow a sequence of events. When validating Microsoft Office, OGA checks for products and editions in this order:

1. Microsoft Office 2007
    2. Microsoft Office 2003 
    3. Microsoft Office XP

Suggested flow that will correct this problem and allow us to continue to sell you products because at this point I cannot do so without resolve to these problems, as mentioned earlier. I will suggest you escalate this problem ASAP as I am in the process of contacting MS HQ. This is no longer a whim problem it is now costing me too mush time and not only my money but MS as well. Please resolve ASAP.

1. Microsoft Office 2007 if true then set a flag that says do not prevent the upgrade process for 2007 
    2. Microsoft Office 2003 
    3. Microsoft Office XP

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 1:48 AM
  • Paul:

I am a lead program manager for the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Program. I've been observing this post for the last few posts or so, and I think some clarification would help understand whats going on. Lets take a step back and take a look at your computer problems with Office 2003.

About Office 2003

Looking at the diagnostics output, your copy of Office 2003 Front Page, Project, One-Note, and the suite Professional are non-genuine. They are volume-licenses (actually they are all using the same volume license) for one specific corporation belonging to the Washington State area in the U.S. If you believe you belong to this company or own the license, please provide me with the Microsoft Volume License Agreement number so we can review the account and contact the names listed on the contact to investigate.

Office Genuine Advantage Validation Design

Also, we're more than always open for suggestion about our program design - how specifically is it flawed? The Office licensing structure is very intense, especially when suites and products can be installed separately and on-top of each other (Much like how you have 2003 and 2007 Office Professional installed separately). It has been reviewed countless times by both our licensing and legal departments to follow EULA rights and agreements (which can be viewed on your PC within each MS Office product). More details would help us understand what flaws may be within our program logic.

In order for your Office installations to be recognized as genuine, you must have NO non-genuine office products installed. Unfortunately, you'll have to uninstall your Office 2003 products and suites in order for your Office 2007 to be labeled genuine.

Office 2003 Non-Genuine Status and Pricing for "Trial Use"

We do not negotiate pricing on this forum, nor are we allowed to discuss "one-off" trial licensing. Office 2003 is not available as a trial and we will not be "unblocking" that Volume License without talking to the original owner again (as each blocked Volume License is reviewed with each owning corporation/business). Again, if you believe you are the true owner of the copy of Office 2003 Volume License, please provide me with the License Agreement number so I can contact the contract owners listed to resolve the potential issue - we would definitely like to clear up any confusion with our partners!

In addition, this thread may be locked due to the nature of the replies within. We do not allow any threats on the forum, as this is a public forum that is used by various users worldwide. Please watch the language and verbage.

-phil

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 8:03 PM