none
Unable to launch .exe RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to launch .Exe, downloaded from web. It's a Windows Applicationbut unable to lunch. What could be the  problem ?

Can any body suggest a solution to my problem ?

-Mrutyunjaya

• Edited by MRUTYUNJAYA.M Monday, July 9, 2018 10:45 AM
    • Moved by Baron Bi Thursday, July 19, 2018 2:40 AM Not about development
    Monday, July 9, 2018 10:43 AM

Answers

• Did you get in contact with the people who wrote the application, or the website which distributed the application for support? It is their responsibility to help you get it running.

Figuring out why an application isn't working isn't an easy task and just coming up with a random suggestion is near impossible because an application could be failing to start for any number of reasons.

Besides actually checking if the application crashed in the system logs, the only people who could tell you what you want to know are the developers, because only they know for sure what happens during their application start.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 9:23 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Can you please specify the output of this operation .

Monday, July 9, 2018 11:26 AM
  • Application is not launching. I am trying to find different ways to troubleshoot, why is it not launching ? I saw task manager and it is also not getting listed in task manger and not sure whether managed or not. If you can suggest various ways to troubleshoot or tools to use for the same then it will be very helpful.

-Mrutyunjaya

Monday, July 9, 2018 11:50 AM
  • This isn't really a developer question.

The website itself should have a list of requirements which include prerequisites, like runtimes that need to be installed. Make sure that these have been fulfilled.

If that doesn't work, contact the maintainer of the website, since they are distributing the executable, it is their responsibility to help you get it running.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Monday, July 9, 2018 12:06 PM
  • Hi,

thanks for posting here.

This forum is about desktop application development. For your case, please post on this forum below.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Baron Bi

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 1:55 AM
  • It is a desktop application and really not a developer questions. I am trying to trouble shoot that why is it not launching ? Like run time, what are other components need to be checked to trouble shoot lunch process in terms of OS involvement. Also, what are the registry entries used to happen during lunch process of application.  

-Mrutyunjaya

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 10:40 AM
  • Did you get in contact with the people who wrote the application, or the website which distributed the application for support? It is their responsibility to help you get it running.

Figuring out why an application isn't working isn't an easy task and just coming up with a random suggestion is near impossible because an application could be failing to start for any number of reasons.

Besides actually checking if the application crashed in the system logs, the only people who could tell you what you want to know are the developers, because only they know for sure what happens during their application start.

Tuesday, July 10, 2018 9:23 PM