none
Unable to respond to a thread. RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• Take a look at this thread http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/thread/8e3efb99-3c43-48ff-b0f6-97daddc1cb45 explaining what happened.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, February 4, 2013 2:53 AM
  • No, that thread doesn't make sense to me.  I got no problem with other threads, just the one in question.

I receive email notification so my profile must be right.

Please give me the directions in plain language.  I have read those articles and they are as clear as mud.  It is too time-consuming to go through all the irrelevant material.

• Edited by healee Monday, February 4, 2013 3:33 AM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 3:33 AM
  • During this weekend all Partners forums were migrated to a new platform. So, all the original Partner forums were locked. You need to go to that new place, find your thread and continue responding that way.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Monday, February 4, 2013 4:36 PM
  • Your thread has been moved to this platform - http://partnersupport.microsoft.com/en-us
    • Marked as answer by healee Monday, February 4, 2013 11:52 PM
    Monday, February 4, 2013 9:22 PM
  • Thanks for your plain-language response.

What threw me was that the forum alert I got still referred to the old place.  Shouldn't they update the alert messages when they migrate the forum.

Monday, February 4, 2013 11:51 PM
  • Huh.  Can you post an example as it should come from MicrosoftAnswers@microsoft.com and refer to A thread that you are following (you subscribed to it or clicked the Me too button) on Microsoft Partner Support Community has an answer:
    Tuesday, February 5, 2013 12:01 AM
  • Below is the forum alert I received on Thu 31/01/2013 8:28 PM and I have been trying to respond at the hyperlinked address ever since.  The Thread Title where the hyperlinked address is still sends me to the displaced forum.  By the way, it doesn't seem to me all the forums are migrated.  This forum is one of the examples.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another user, Crystal Yuan, has replied to a thread you have subscribed to in the Windows Client 7 Forum.

Thread Title Windows Update fails to install KB954430?
    Started by: healee

Reply:

Best regards,

Crystal Yuan
    Partner Online Technical Community
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We hope you get value from our new forums platform! Tell us what you think:
    http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerfdbk/threads
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    POTC support provides service from Monday to Friday (your local business hours). Thanks!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

The Microsoft Developer Network

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:04 AM
  • Which afai can tell was right before the upgrade.

http://partnersupport.microsoft.com/en-us/mpnwinclient/forum/mpnwindows_7/windows-update-fails-to-install-kb954430/120da703-0672-4b2e-8136-e43fb2e30883

Your thread is there

Windows client

Then Windows 7

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 7:08 AM
  • Thanks!  You would have noticed that I made a reply on that thread yesterday.  I found it after your previous response which was very clear to me.

By the way, your statement of "Which afai can tell was right before the upgrade." is a bit of gibberish to me.  I don't know what you are trying to say.

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 1:04 AM
  • "afai can tell" means .... as far as I can tell......

afai = as far as I

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 1:06 AM