How to send notification to the users RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

am using PWA 2003. when ever the project is published i want send notification to my manager

how to do it ?

Plz Help me very urgent

Regards

Santosh V

Friday, December 3, 2010 2:36 PM

Answers

• There is not a specific event or alert that send email to people outside of team members and specifically for when the project is published.  You will have to do it the old fashion way of using email or you can custom app to periodically check the project database for new publish date and use that trigger to send an email.

In project 2007, you can set up an event to do this for you, but I dont believe events are not available in 2003.

Chers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Friday, December 3, 2010 5:33 PM

All replies

• There is not a specific event or alert that send email to people outside of team members and specifically for when the project is published.  You will have to do it the old fashion way of using email or you can custom app to periodically check the project database for new publish date and use that trigger to send an email.

In project 2007, you can set up an event to do this for you, but I dont believe events are not available in 2003.

Chers

Michael Wharton, MBA, PMP, MCT, MCSD, MCSE+I, MCDBA
    www.WhartonComputer.com
    Friday, December 3, 2010 5:33 PM
  • Hi Itsmesantosh1982

Just curios to know apart from PM who else publishes the project ? In case from security perspective you may restrict others to publish the project, however quick way i could think of may work may not but since its 2003, try writing a SQL trigger whenever project is publish SQL trigger sends a notification using SQL notification services

IF it would have been 2007, i would write a custom code to send notification and attach it to the Server side event handler

Let me know if this helps

Thanks | Sunil Kr Singh | http://epmxperts.wordpress.com/
    Friday, December 3, 2010 5:47 PM