Firewall Blocking Internet Explorer on Windows XP RRS feed

• Question

• I am using XP and the firewall is blocking Internet Explorer 8.  Also it blocks my ConfigFree Network connector.  I can't connect to IE8 at all, and I have to shut down the firewall in order to connect to the Internet using the ConfigFree connector.
    Monday, March 2, 2009 4:11 PM

Answers

All replies

• If you turn off the OneCare firewall, does IE8 work and your configfree software, too? I suspect that you have a conflict with the configfree software and OneCare's firewall as both would be manipulating the networking stack. I suggest contacting support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Monday, March 2, 2009 7:30 PM
  • Thanks Stephen.  The ConfigFree software works when I turn off the firewall, but IE8 does not.  I can use Firefox.  I don't think I'm going to use this product because I have to turn off the firewall to connect to the network everytime I log in and every time the computer comes out of hibernation mode, even though I have them as allowed in my settings.  I will contact support to follow-up though.
    Wednesday, March 11, 2009 4:29 AM