OneCare circle RRS feed

• Question

•  

One of my computers will not show up in my OneCare circle on the laptop I am currently on.

I can go to the other laptop (the one that will not show up here) and make that a hub and all three computers show up. The problem is that I want this computer (a newer/faster laptop) to be the hub.

Please help me understand how to get all computers to show on tis computer.

Thank you.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 9:44 PM

Answers

• I try to get to the forum at least once per day, but I am not always able to get through all new posts, particularly when it is a busy day. You also had the misfortune of posting on a day when there were forum problems with posts being 12 to 15 hours behind in appearing in the morning, though caught up by the time you posted. That meant that I didn't get to the forums until last night and only had a limited time to review.

This is a peer to peer forum, meaning that anyone can answer you, based on their experience. Also, the other moderators might answer, depending on how busy they are. Note that we are all volunteers.

If you need a quicker response or have a technical problem in need of a solution, your best bet is to contact support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

I look forward to the answers to the questions I asked about your problem in my previous reply and hopefully we'll get to the bottom of your issue. However, I can't promise the timeliness of a response.

-steve

Thursday, February 7, 2008 2:18 PM

All replies

• Is there a timeframe for me to get a reply?

Is there anyone there to reply to me?

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 9:49 PM
  • When you make a PC into a Hub, all PCs that are subscribed/activated with the same LiveID should appear in the Circle.

On the PC that is currently your hub, open OneCare, and go to the Manage Circle item.

Click the details link for each PC in the list. Note the last communication date/time from each PC.

On the laptop that you want to be the hub, do the same. Are the last communication date/time entries the same or similar for the PCs that match on both hubs?

On the PC that does not show up on the laptop hub list, open OneCare and click Help/About. What version is it?

On that same PC, click check for updates. Does it successfully communicate?

-steve

Thursday, February 7, 2008 2:13 PM
  • I try to get to the forum at least once per day, but I am not always able to get through all new posts, particularly when it is a busy day. You also had the misfortune of posting on a day when there were forum problems with posts being 12 to 15 hours behind in appearing in the morning, though caught up by the time you posted. That meant that I didn't get to the forums until last night and only had a limited time to review.

This is a peer to peer forum, meaning that anyone can answer you, based on their experience. Also, the other moderators might answer, depending on how busy they are. Note that we are all volunteers.

If you need a quicker response or have a technical problem in need of a solution, your best bet is to contact support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

I look forward to the answers to the questions I asked about your problem in my previous reply and hopefully we'll get to the bottom of your issue. However, I can't promise the timeliness of a response.

-steve

Thursday, February 7, 2008 2:18 PM