none
ODAC 12.1.0.1.2 is not able to connect to database om server but can be connected on local machine RRS feed

• Question

• HI,

I am using Windows server 2012 R2 standard(64 bit) and deploying MVC 4 application targeting framework 4.5 and Platform target x86.

I am able to connect to the database in local machine windows 7 x64 and do operations on the database.

But when I try to deploy the code on the server it says following:

Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Description:

An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider.  It may not be installed.]
       System.Data.Common.DbProviderFactories.GetFactory(String providerInvariantName) +1479367
       System.Data.EntityClient.EntityConnection.GetFactory(String providerString) +26

I have following dlls placed on the bin folder after deploying:

• OraOps11w.dll
      • Oracle.DataAccess.dll
      • oramts.dll
      • oramts11.dll
      • ociw32.dll
      • orannzsbb12.dll
      • oraocci12.dll
      • oraociei12.dll
      • OraOps12.dll
      • orasql12.dll

When it connects in local not sure what happens when deployed to server.

I am using Entity framework 5 , MVC 4, ODAC 12.1.0.1.2 ,.Net framework 4.5

Both my local machine and server are x64 bit operating system.

satya chenna

• Moved by 宝宝徐 Tuesday, September 12, 2017 7:06 AM
    Tuesday, September 5, 2017 2:12 PM

All replies

• Hi satya chenna,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

Please see:Error: Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed.

You could have a try with following workaround:

1. Uninstall and re-install .NET framework 4.5.

2. Restart the server

3. Refer to this link to edit the machine.config file remove the extra entry of DbProviderFactories

4. restart the server.

If any problem persists, since this forum is discussing about the .Net Framework Setup and Servicing,  as your issue is related to MVC and connect to database om server , I recommend you post a new thread to: https://forums.asp.net/1146.aspx/1?MVC  for a much professional support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by 宝宝徐 Thursday, September 7, 2017 5:48 AM
    Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:15 AM