Not authorized program installed RRS feed

• Question

• A window indicating the above has appeared in my Pc. I have a legitimate Vista installed which came with my Lenovo. Today I installed a program called  Program Protector, and required me to change the "ppsys.dll" folder in system32, I did so, and since then this warning appears. I uninstalled the program but I keep receiving the warning. Help please!!!
    Monday, April 7, 2008 11:39 PM

Answers

• Thank you so much for the answer. I restored the sistem using Windows tools to the day before, and the problem ended. My Vista now appears legitimate again!! Will it be necessary to run the diagnostic tool anyways??
    Tuesday, April 8, 2008 11:40 PM

All replies

• and required me to change the "ppsys.dll" folder in system32,

Did you reverse the changes you made?

Also, download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Continue" click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response message in this thread.

Thank you,

Darin Smith

WGA Forum Manager

Monday, April 7, 2008 11:48 PM
  • Thank you so much for the answer. I restored the sistem using Windows tools to the day before, and the problem ended. My Vista now appears legitimate again!! Will it be necessary to run the diagnostic tool anyways??
    Tuesday, April 8, 2008 11:40 PM
  • Hi again Cheetahex2,

Good thinking (I should have thought to suggest that  )

And, no, if your issue is resolved, then the Diag Report won't be necessary.

Glad everything is now working,

Darin

Tuesday, April 8, 2008 11:46 PM
  • Thank you very much Darin for your interest in solving my problem.
    My best regards
    Thursday, April 10, 2008 3:33 AM