none
How tough is 70-462? RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings.

I've been a DBA for a long time, and am certified on 2005. Over the last couple months I went through the MS Press book for 70-462, and have recently been taking the practice exams in Study Mode. After doing that for a while and really learning the material (why the answers are what they are, doing the labs, etc.) I've finally done a couple tests in Cert Mode, passing with only 1 missed on one exam, and getting 100% on the other.

However... these practice tests seem way too easy. I used the MS Press books when getting certified in 2005, and the practice exams seemed much tougher.

How tough is this exam? Has anyone else used this study material? How well did it represent the exam?

Thanks!

TIA, ChrisRDBA

Friday, February 1, 2013 10:30 PM

Answers

• Hi there,

The definition of tough vastly differ from different people. I do understand how you feel as I do require to go through specified technology, study for it, play with it. As for this paper, I would suggest going for this training kit by Microsoft. (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/book.aspx?id=16016&locale=en-us)

The vital to any technologies, not just for Microsoft one, is to always spent enough time playing it on your own lab. Explore every features that is available after reading it. This will help greatly in getting the certification. 

Cheers.

Regards,
    Milton Goh
    MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
    Blog: blog.nerdytwo.com
    Twitter: @miltongoh

Saturday, February 2, 2013 1:10 AM

All replies

• Hi there,

The definition of tough vastly differ from different people. I do understand how you feel as I do require to go through specified technology, study for it, play with it. As for this paper, I would suggest going for this training kit by Microsoft. (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/book.aspx?id=16016&locale=en-us)

The vital to any technologies, not just for Microsoft one, is to always spent enough time playing it on your own lab. Explore every features that is available after reading it. This will help greatly in getting the certification. 

Cheers.

Regards,
    Milton Goh

Saturday, February 2, 2013 1:10 AM
  • Hi there,

Cheers.

Regards,
    Milton Goh

I know "tough" is very subjective, and was hesitant to even post this because of that. I've been through the book/ labs you refernced. Thanks.

TIA, ChrisRDBA

Saturday, February 2, 2013 4:00 PM