Tune up and Vista SP1 RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have not yet received Vista SP1 even though I have "automatic updates" turned on.  Can I anticipate the SP1 to arrive when my next "Tune Up" occurs?

Tuesday, April 22, 2008 11:23 PM

Answers

• The check for updates during Tuneup simply checks if any critical or important updates are available for your PC, but not yet offered via Automatic Updates to you. If you have not yet been offered SP1 for Vista when you visit Windows Update from within Vista, it won't likely be offered during your Tune-up check. The SP1 update will not be offered as a critical/important update for a while yet and it remains an optional update. It won't be offered at all if you have one of the identified problematic drivers in use.

-steve

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:21 AM

All replies

• The check for updates during Tuneup simply checks if any critical or important updates are available for your PC, but not yet offered via Automatic Updates to you. If you have not yet been offered SP1 for Vista when you visit Windows Update from within Vista, it won't likely be offered during your Tune-up check. The SP1 update will not be offered as a critical/important update for a while yet and it remains an optional update. It won't be offered at all if you have one of the identified problematic drivers in use.

-steve

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 12:21 AM
  • As of 4/23/08, MS has SP1 for Vista available for automatic updates.
    Friday, April 25, 2008 4:18 PM