Reporting Service not starting RRS feed

• Question

• We've been using CRM for some time now, the Reporting Service has always been a bit buggy, needing a manual start each time the Server is rebooted. But now I can't even start the service. It just sits there with a timeout (I have incresed the timeout period to 6000ms). I am at a loss as to whats wrong, my SQL knowledge is limited, I'll post the logs below.

Has anyone else come accross this?

w3wp!webserver!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Reporting Web Server started
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing ConnectionType to '0'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing IsSchedulingService to 'True'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing IsNotificationService to 'True'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing IsEventService to 'True'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing PollingInterval to '10' second(s) as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing WindowsServiceUseFileShareStorage to 'False'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing MemoryLimit to '60' percent as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing RecycleTime to '720' minute(s) as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing MaximumMemoryLimit to '80' percent as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing MaxAppDomainUnloadTime to '30' minute(s) as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing MaxQueueThreads to '0' thread(s) as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing IsWebServiceEnabled to 'True'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing MaxActiveReqForOneUser to '20' requests(s) as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing MaxScheduleWait to '5' second(s) as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing DatabaseQueryTimeout to '120' second(s) as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing ProcessRecycleOptions to '0'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing RunningRequestsScavengerCycle to '60' second(s) as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing RunningRequestsDbCycle to '60' second(s) as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing RunningRequestsAge to '30' second(s) as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing CleanupCycleMinutes to '10' minute(s) as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing DailyCleanupMinuteOfDay to default value of '120' minutes since midnight because it was not specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing WatsonFlags to '1064'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing WatsonDumpOnExceptions to 'Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.InternalCatalogException,Microsoft.ReportingServices.Modeling.InternalModelingException'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing WatsonDumpExcludeIfContainsExceptions to 'System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException,System.Threading.ThreadAbortException'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing SecureConnectionLevel to '0'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing DisplayErrorLink to 'True'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Initializing WebServiceUseFileShareStorage to 'False'  as specified in Configuration file.
    w3wp!resourceutilities!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Reporting Services starting SKU: Enterprise
    w3wp!resourceutilities!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Evaluation copy: 0 days left
    w3wp!runningjobs!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Database Cleanup (Web Service) timer enabled: Next Event: 600 seconds.  Cycle: 600 seconds
    w3wp!runningjobs!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Running Requests Scavenger timer enabled: Next Event: 60 seconds.  Cycle: 60 seconds
    w3wp!runningjobs!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Running Requests DB timer enabled: Next Event: 60 seconds.  Cycle: 60 seconds
    w3wp!runningjobs!1!2/11/2010-10:10:47:: i INFO: Memory stats update timer enabled: Next Event: 60 seconds.  Cycle: 60 seconds
    w3wp!library!5!11/02/2010-10:10:51:: i INFO: Catalog SQL Server Edition = Enterprise
    w3wp!library!5!11/02/2010-10:10:51:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
     Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!5!11/02/2010-10:10:51:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
     Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!5!2/11/2010-10:11:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!5!2/11/2010-10:11:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
     Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.DataProtection.ProtectData(Byte[] unprotectedData, String tag)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.ConnectionManager.ConnectStorage()
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RunningJobsDb.GetMyRunningJobs()
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    w3wp!runningjobs!5!2/11/2010-10:11:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.DataProtection.ProtectData(Byte[] unprotectedData, String tag)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.RunningJobDbTimer.DoTimerAction()
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.TimerActionBase.TimerAction(Object unused)
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:12:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:12:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
     Info: Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:12:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.TimerActionBase.TimerAction(Object unused)
    w3wp!library!5!2/11/2010-10:13:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!5!2/11/2010-10:13:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!5!2/11/2010-10:13:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:14:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:14:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:14:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:15:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:15:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:15:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:16:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:16:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:16:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:17:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:17:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:17:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:18:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:18:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:18:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:19:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:19:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:19:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:20:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:20:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Database Cleanup (Web Service) : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.Storage.NewStandardSqlCommand(String storedProcedureName)
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.DBInterface.CleanBatchRecords()
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.DatabaseCleanupTimer.CleanBatch()
       at Microsoft.ReportingServices.Library.DatabaseCleanupTimer.DoTimerAction()
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:20:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:20:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:20:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:21:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:21:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:21:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:22:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:22:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:22:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:23:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!1!2/11/2010-10:23:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!1!2/11/2010-10:23:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:24:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:24:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:24:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:25:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:25:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:25:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:26:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:26:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:26:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:27:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:27:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;
    w3wp!runningjobs!9!2/11/2010-10:27:47:: e ERROR: Error in timer Running Requests DB : Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing. ---> Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server.
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:28:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerServiceUnavailableException: The Report Server Windows service 'ReportServer' is not running. The service must be running to use Report Server., ;
    w3wp!library!9!2/11/2010-10:28:47:: e ERROR: Throwing Microsoft.ReportingServices.Diagnostics.Utilities.ReportServerDatabaseUnavailableException: The report server cannot open a connection to the report server database. A connection to the database is required for all requests and processing., ;

Monday, November 1, 2010 11:04 PM

Answers

• The only useful information from this log file is that the ReportServer service is not running. What happens when you try to start this service ? The Windows Event Log (Application and server logs) may give some more information

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com  http://www.excitation.co.uk
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:05 AM
  • Make sure that "WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery" service is on start you are starting the service.
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:17 AM
  • If the service was having problems from it's inception, it's time to look at how the services on the member server are interacting with the LDAP database and DNS.   If you running Windows 2003, Netdiag and netdiag /v will give you some information about what is happening.

Sync your time service and check that as well.   Also see if there is a secure channel between your server and the DC.

If using Windows 2008, the netdiag command is deprecated.  Use Netdom Verfiy to make sure your member server is "really " seeing the domain.   The reason?  If network service which is a local account is being used to start the service and run the app pool it needs represent the member server itself in AD.  That machine account is little different from a user account, complete with a password.   If there is degraded communication between the member server and the forest, you will experience problems like you described.   You logs should also be telling a story as well, as David memtions above.

Curtis J Spanburgh
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 1:38 PM

All replies

• The only useful information from this log file is that the ReportServer service is not running. What happens when you try to start this service ? The Windows Event Log (Application and server logs) may give some more information

Microsoft CRM MVP - http://mscrmuk.blogspot.com  http://www.excitation.co.uk
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:05 AM
  • Make sure that "WinHTTP Web Proxy Auto-Discovery" service is on start you are starting the service.
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:17 AM
  • If the service was having problems from it's inception, it's time to look at how the services on the member server are interacting with the LDAP database and DNS.   If you running Windows 2003, Netdiag and netdiag /v will give you some information about what is happening.

Sync your time service and check that as well.   Also see if there is a secure channel between your server and the DC.

If using Windows 2008, the netdiag command is deprecated.  Use Netdom Verfiy to make sure your member server is "really " seeing the domain.   The reason?  If network service which is a local account is being used to start the service and run the app pool it needs represent the member server itself in AD.  That machine account is little different from a user account, complete with a password.   If there is degraded communication between the member server and the forest, you will experience problems like you described.   You logs should also be telling a story as well, as David memtions above.

Curtis J Spanburgh
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 1:38 PM