Windows 7 activation question RRS feed

• Question

• Dear team,

If i purchase Windows 7(any version home/Pro/ult) Full version in USA (sealed pack box) for my PC/laptop in Pakistan and install that version on my PC ,will that Windows 7 be activated smoothly in Pakistan ? will there be any issue in activation of that product? as software bought from USA

Thanks

Asif

Sunday, March 6, 2011 1:01 PM

Answers

• It will activate online.  If you need to activate by phone you will be prompted to select your region and you can choose to activate in USA if you want.
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    • Marked as answer by Asifa1 Sunday, March 6, 2011 4:21 PM
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 2:53 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• "Asifa1" wrote in message news:2fe765a0-d118-4f34-b329-b54015b6c5b0...

Dear team,

If i purchase Windows 7(any version home/Pro/ult) Full version in USA (sealed pack box) for my PC/laptop in Pakistan and install that version on my PC ,will that Windows 7 be activated smoothly in Pakistan ? will there be any issue in activation of that product? as software bought from USA

Thanks

Asif

Shouldn't be a problem - but make sure that you buy from reputable dealers, as sources such as eBay are more likely to be selling counterfeits!

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 1:25 PM
  • Shouldn't be a problem - but make sure that you buy from reputable dealers, as sources such as eBay are more likely to be selling counterfeits
    shouldn;t be a problem or must not be? i am investing 200-300$ in that product so:)
    thanks for suggestion about reputable dealers ,online Microsoft store is a better option (in USA) .As in Pakistan unfortunately there is no microsoft online store as well as only OEM versions available of Microsoft.
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 2:03 PM
  • Then buy from the Microsoft Store so you can download genuine Windows and key.  Read the posts on this forum.  There are hundreds of counterfeit Windows analysed here and where people bought them.  It is a BIG problem for buyers just trying to save a little money. 
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 2:37 PM
    Answerer
  • there is no issue of buying (geniune software from Microsoft store) but will it activate in Pakistan thats a real issue ,although as said by other member it should not be an issue but just for confirmation (100%)
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 2:46 PM
  • It will activate online.  If you need to activate by phone you will be prompted to select your region and you can choose to activate in USA if you want.
    • Marked as answer by Asifa1 Sunday, March 6, 2011 4:21 PM
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 2:53 PM
    Answerer
  • thx all for ur feedback:)
    Sunday, March 6, 2011 4:22 PM