Problems with authorities for Folder sharing in home network RRS feed

• General discussion

• I have a home network "workgroup=MSHOME" with following configuration:
    Modem/Router Belkin
    PC1 - Windows XP Pro SP3 - one user = Administrator - ethernet connection with router - 2 folders shared - full rights - no password
    PC2 - Windows XP Pro SP3 - one user = Administrator - ethernet connection with router - many folders shared - full rights - no password
    Laptop - Windows 7 - one user = Administrator=Pol - wireless connection with router - folders of user Pol shared - full rights - no password
    Harddisk Freecom 1TB - ethernet connection with router - all folders shared - full rights - no password

Following facts in network:
    on PC2 = all computers + HD + all shared folders on 4 devices visible, with full access only on laptop and HD-folders - no access on PC1 folders (*)
    on Laptop = all computers + HD + all shared folders on 4 devices visible, with full access only on PC2 and HD-folders - no access on PC1 folders (*)
    on PC1 = all computers + HD + all shared folders on 4 devices visible, with full access only on PC2 and HD-folders 

(*) error message upon double-clicking a shared folder of PC1 = "You may not have the right authorities to access this network source .... Please take contact
     with the administrator of the server."

I checked and re-checked every sharing setting on PC1 and compared with the settings of PC2. All settings are 100% equal.
    Have you any idea where the cause could be of this error?

• Changed type ciboss Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:46 PM problem solved
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 28, 2011 12:06 AM forum consolidation (From:Networking)
    Monday, February 8, 2010 1:08 PM

All replies

• I have a home network "workgroup=MSHOME" with following configuration:
    Modem/Router Belkin
    PC1 - Windows XP Pro SP3 - one user = Administrator - ethernet connection with router - 2 folders shared - full rights - no password
    PC2 - Windows XP Pro SP3 - one user = Administrator - ethernet connection with router - many folders shared - full rights - no password
    Laptop - Windows 7 - one user = Administrator=Pol - wireless connection with router - folders of user Pol shared - full rights - no password
    Harddisk Freecom 1TB - ethernet connection with router - all folders shared - full rights - no password

Following facts in network:
    on PC2 = all computers + HD + all shared folders on 4 devices visible, with full access only on laptop and HD-folders - no access on PC1 folders (*)
    on Laptop = all computers + HD + all shared folders on 4 devices visible, with full access only on PC2 and HD-folders - no access on PC1 folders (*)
    on PC1 = all computers + HD + all shared folders on 4 devices visible, with full access only on PC2 and HD-folders 

(*) error message upon double-clicking a shared folder of PC1 = "You may not have the right authorities to access this network source .... Please take contact
     with the administrator of the server."

I checked and re-checked every sharing setting on PC1 and compared with the settings of PC2. All settings are 100% equal.
    Have you any idea where the cause could be of this error?

I found the solution on another forum:

increase the IRPStackSize on PC1 (server) upto 50.
    Wednesday, February 10, 2010 4:47 PM