My laptop says it has stopped due to infection from spyware RRS feed

• Question

• I was online vsiting different sites a couple of days ago when my computer put up a sign that says your system is infected! system has beenstopped due to a serious malfunction, spyware activity has been detected, it is recommended to use spyware removal tool to prevent data loss. do not use the computer before all spy ware is removed. It has also installed two red x's in the lower right toolbar that keep prompting me to use a spyware scan to remove a trojandownloader:win32/fakenit. I have Windows live Onecare installed and ran a tune up and spyware scan and it says it has found the trojan and quarantined it,but it still has the big red your system is infected sign as well as the two red x's that keep prompting me.What should I do?
    • Moved by Whosane002 Wednesday, December 2, 2009 4:00 AM (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile Feedback)
    • Moved by Stephen BootsMVP, Moderator Wednesday, December 2, 2009 6:11 PM onecare infection not removed completely (From:Scanning, Detecting, and Removing Threats)
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 10:34 PM

Answers

All replies