CRM Online and Sharepoint Foundation 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am trying out the CRM online product.

We have sharepoint foundation 2013 installed.

When I go into document management and set up the selected entities for document management, I put in the URL like "https://server-name/sites/CRM/". The site validates, but I get the message: "Automatic creation of folders is disabled because the URL you specified is not of a Sharepoint Server site."

First of all, I'm getting this because I'm running Sharepoint Foundation, right? I'm not just screwing up the config here?

Now, if I go to an account and click on Documents, I get the message that a folder has been automatically created. That's all good.

However, for items like quotes and opportunities, clicking on Documents brings up a dialog where I'm supposed to enter the URL to the sharepoint folder. So we have to go to sharepoint, create the folder, copy/paste.... Blah.

How can I get opportunities to automatically generate a folder like accounts does? Ideally, I would like the opportunities folder to be a sub-folder for the account.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:05 PM

Answers

• Document Management should work just as well with SP Foundation, so I don't think that's the problem. Maybe a stupid question, but you have installed the list component for SP right? This one: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5283
    • Marked as answer by Jason Maggard Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:15 PM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:27 PM

All replies

• Document Management should work just as well with SP Foundation, so I don't think that's the problem. Maybe a stupid question, but you have installed the list component for SP right? This one: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5283
    • Marked as answer by Jason Maggard Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:15 PM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 4:27 PM
  • Yes, I've installed the list component... And CRM confirms that the list component is installed when I save the Sharepoint site. Could the problem be that I'm not using the Sharepoint root?
    Wednesday, February 13, 2013 9:24 PM
  • I have used the integration on other than root without issues. Is the .wsp solution file installed on the correct site collection?
    Thursday, February 14, 2013 1:43 PM
  • Hmmmm, so the plot thickens...

Ok, so I have recreated my sharepoint site on the root of my webserver, and still got the same results.

So, next I went to the firewall and made the sharepoint site available over the internet using port forwarding and now CRM Online can see the sharepoint site and the list component.

All I need to do now is figure out how to make the port forwarding work inside and outside of our building, and I should be good to go.

Thanks for your help.

Thursday, February 14, 2013 7:15 PM
  • Hi,

I have the same issue. I created a first site that i can integrate with CRM 2011 (from SharePoint Foundation 2013). CRM automatically created folders in SharePoint and this site is configured by default. Then i created two more sites with Content Database for each site. I installed the ListComponent and this was validated correctly in CRM but the folders are not created automatically, the warning message that appears is "Automatic creation of folders is disabled Because the URL you specified is not of a SharePoint Server site.".

Hitherto believed that the problem was that i use "SharePoint Foudation" instead of "SharePoint Server", but this theory was discarded because i then regained an fourth SharePoint Site in "Restore from a Unattached Content Database", then i installed the ListComponent and integrated with CRM seamlessly, CRM tried to create folders and automatically advanced until the final without saying that it could not create folders.

My problem is that I need to create new sites with content databases independent but I can not for the error that appears.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Paul Pedroza

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 4:31 PM
  • Hi,

I solved this problem, i deleted and created a new WebApplication. This allow me create more Site Collections in a same web application and integrate this with CRM.

I tried with a new name for the Web Application and this work without issues.

I could created up to 5 Site Collections and i had no problem integrating them with CRM. According to this, there is no limitation with SharePoint Foundation, or at least not until less than 5 Site Collections.

Perhaps there was a DNS problem. Fortunately i have a WildCard SSL certificate.

Regards,

Paul Pedroza

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 11:05 PM