Which Product Key for which LiveID? RRS feed

• Question

• I have 6 OneCare(s).

I want to know which Product Key has been registered by which LiveID?

Is it able to do it?

Thanks,

Freddy.

Monday, June 30, 2008 7:38 AM

Answers

• On the Billing site, http://billing.microsoft.com, when logging in for each LiveID, you will see the last few characters of the product key for that subscription.

In each copy of OneCare, click Help/About to see the Subscription LiveID for that PC's copy of OneCare.

-steve

Monday, June 30, 2008 3:09 PM

All replies

• On the Billing site, http://billing.microsoft.com, when logging in for each LiveID, you will see the last few characters of the product key for that subscription.

In each copy of OneCare, click Help/About to see the Subscription LiveID for that PC's copy of OneCare.

-steve

Monday, June 30, 2008 3:09 PM
  • Oh, and since we are in the Multi-PC Management topic, if you make one or more PCs a hub PC in the Circle, you will see which other PCs (by name) are in the same Circle, which means that they are using the same LiveID.

-steve

Monday, June 30, 2008 3:10 PM
  • I visited the billing.microsoft.com page, there's 2 product keys listed there.

Is that mean that I should change the subcription to another LiveID? How to do that?

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 2:11 AM
  • For OneCare, unless one of them is a beta subscription, only one subscription for that LiveID would be active. If you renewed, I believe only the newest key should shown.

In any event, no, you can't change the subscription. Your question was how to identify which key was in use for which subscription. On each PC, you can see the Subscribed LiveID under Help/About. If all of the PC have the same LiveID, then you need to reinstall and activate enough PCs to put no more than 3 PCs on the same LiveID/subscription.

If they are activated already with two different LiveIDs, then each LiveID has its own subscription and the key will be shown when you log in at the Billing site with those LiveIDs.

-steve

Tuesday, July 1, 2008 3:17 PM