crm user must have domain name? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I was curious about the CRM User requirement of domain name. I drilled into "User Name" (domainname) on the User form. The domainname field shows a Requirement Level of "System Required."  Therefore, all users must be on the network, and there's no way to override this requirement.

Have you ever had a scenario where you needed to override this requirement?  I'm guessing that, since this field is required, and cannot be modified, CRM functionality has dependencies around this field.  Therefore, even if there was a workaround to make this field optional, the absence of this value, would be likely to break a piece of current or future functionality?

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 8:57 PM

All replies

• CRM User do not have domain name, there will be only user name which will take domain\windowsusername. We cannot override this because we cannot create a user in CRM without this field as this gets the user from the AD.

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 6:07 AM
  • "... Therefore, all users must be on the network, and there's no way to override this requirement..." - yes, all CRM users must be on the network. If the user is removed from the network(domain), he won't be able to log-in to CRM.

If you could better explain why you need to make the field optional, someone here may be able to help you.

- Arvind

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 11:57 AM