making Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit genuine RRS feed

• Question

• hello,

i have a lenovo laptop that came with genuine Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium installed in it. Company didn't provide Windows DVD.Now, my windows is corrupt and is not booting. I have tried everything possible to recover my windows , including windows repair, but it hasn't worked. I went to the service center but they say that company doesn't provide any warranty for software, so they cant help me with the problem.

what should i do to recover my Win 7? I have license key of the Windows that came with the laptop. Is there any way i install Windows 7 HP 64 bit and insert my license key to make it genuine?

Thursday, June 9, 2011 6:49 PM

Answers

• The computer manufacturer that preinstalls a Windows 7 operating system is ultimately responsible for providing a method to restore it.

Please see:   

Operating system installation

How to replace lost or missing Microsoft software

Carey Frisch
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 9:44 PM
  • All of the manufacturers provide a program to create recovery media and in addition all provide a recovery partition.  If you cannot restore from the recovery partition, go to the Lenovo website and purchase the replacement recovery media or purchase from a third party like Recovery-Disks.com. 
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Friday, June 10, 2011 1:05 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• The computer manufacturer that preinstalls a Windows 7 operating system is ultimately responsible for providing a method to restore it.

Please see:   

Operating system installation

How to replace lost or missing Microsoft software

Carey Frisch
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 9:44 PM
  • All of the manufacturers provide a program to create recovery media and in addition all provide a recovery partition.  If you cannot restore from the recovery partition, go to the Lenovo website and purchase the replacement recovery media or purchase from a third party like Recovery-Disks.com. 
    Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Friday, June 10, 2011 1:05 PM
    Answerer