Internet Explorer Ver RRS feed

• Question

• What versionof IE can you run on WHS. Can you run IE 7?
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:07 PM

Answers

• Internet Explorer 7 will install on your server as one of the updates that Microsoft pushes down through Windows Update, so yes it will run. The best way to make sure it installs correctly is to simply use the Update Now... button in the Windows Home Server console repeatedly until there are no more updates available.

There should normally be no need to use it on your server, though, given that desktop access is unsupported. It's just that it's part of Windows. :)

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Ken WarrenModerator Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by xtdaddy Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:44 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:29 PM

All replies

• Internet Explorer 7 will install on your server as one of the updates that Microsoft pushes down through Windows Update, so yes it will run. The best way to make sure it installs correctly is to simply use the Update Now... button in the Windows Home Server console repeatedly until there are no more updates available.

There should normally be no need to use it on your server, though, given that desktop access is unsupported. It's just that it's part of Windows. :)

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Proposed as answer by Ken WarrenModerator Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:29 PM
    • Marked as answer by xtdaddy Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:44 PM
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:29 PM
  • Thanks for your help. I'm just getting started with my server and it's a learning experience.
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:32 PM