Transfer US studies in multimedia format to a computer RRS feed

• Question

• I have an acuson cypress ultrasound machine and a notebook with windows xp installed and cypress software installed. I can transfer US studies from US machine to the notebook through an Ethernet cable but I want to transfer the studies in multimedia format to the notebook.The following is written in the manual of US machine 

To setup a multimedia connection via a network to your computer, follow these steps on US machine

1. Press the SETUP key.

2. Click the Multimedia Connection listing on the directory.

3. Click the [ADD] button

4. Complete the text fields on the right side of the screen:

􀂄 Name: Enter a name for the connection (e.g., “Multimedia AVI RTF”).

􀂄 Remote Share: Enter a directory on your computer (e.g., \\JDOE\MyDocs).

􀂄 User Name: Enter the user name for your computer.

􀂄 Password: Enter the password used to access your computer (if applicable).

􀂄 Test Result: When you click [VERIFY] in the following step, either Success or Failure will be displayed here.

5. Click [VERIFY] to confirm proper connection.

NOTE Using the multimedia connection does not require installation of the Networking option. You can connect the Cypress system to your

computer through a network Hub using a 10/100 Base T Ethernet cable or a with a direct connection using an Ethernet crossover cable.

I tried but failed , In the remote share I wrote down the whole address of my documents folder which I got by right clicking and then selecting properties. In the enter the name of connection , should I write down the name of internet connection from the notebook(which I tried but failed). thanks for help  sorry i m not sure i chose right forum and category to post this question.

Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:14 AM

Answers