Live Mesh and proxy auto config files RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to install live mesh on either vista 32 or 64 bit it fails with the following error.

"Please verify your network settings and retry. [80072EFD] A connection with the server could not be established"

The problem occurs if I have my browser set to use a proxy auto config file for the web cache but if I manually set the proxy then it works fine and installs This proxy auto config file works fine with all other sites on the internet just not the live mesh install. Does live mesh not work with proxy auto config files?

Strangely if I manually configure the proxy settings during install and then put the proxy auto config back when live mesh is installed it works fine then!

Dave
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Please go ahead and open a bug for us on this.  Instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 6:31 PM

All replies

• You nailed it.  I've posted before about not being able to update mesh, or do a fresh install of the beta.  Suspected the proxy script issue but hadn't gotten around to trying that.  That's exactly it.

I feel almost certain that earlier versions (prior to 3103.9) would install with the proxy script configured.  It is just possible, however, that I originally installed with IE set to "Auto Detect" (which would have discovered the same script).  No way to know now though.

Thanks David.

Trevor
    Tuesday, November 11, 2008 10:32 PM
  • Hi,

Please go ahead and open a bug for us on this.  Instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Monday, November 17, 2008 6:31 PM
  • Fianlly got round to submitting the Bug report :)

Dave
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 10:18 AM
  • I've run into this before - and would be interested in tracking this bug. Would you mind sending the connect id - or was it via email? I couldn't find it when searching on Connect.

Thanks!
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:39 PM