windows vista is a rip off RRS feed

• Question

•  well, upgraded to 80gig, (two 40gig), sorrry, new at all this upgrade stuff.  we sent ours to a pc repair and upgrade person.  Radio Shaq, speciffically, had more memory put in and 40 gig harddrive, cdburner and dvdburner/writer.  lost usb ports but i got ext. exp. bay.

now, i'm mad!!  PAY FOR ALL THIS AND AN VISTA UPGRADE AND I GET A WINDOWS THAT  DOESN'T WORK. SAYS ITS NOT VALITATED.  I ALREADY PURCHASED IT , WHY SHOULD I BUY IT AGAIN?

Saturday, March 17, 2007 8:50 AM

Answers

All replies

• Jenmal,

You have posted in the incorrect forum.  Please read this message, http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1012881&SiteID=25, then make your post here http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowForum.aspx?ForumID=1004&SiteID=25.

Good Luck!

• Marked as answer by JeniferA Thursday, September 11, 2008 4:31 PM
    Saturday, March 17, 2007 4:13 PM
  • If you think you have problems with VISTA you should look at the prices that Microsoft are charging in the UK. You will only have one thing to say when you see them - WOW.

Monday, March 19, 2007 8:22 PM
  • Specialsteel,

Is Vista priced significantly higher than XP was in Great Britain?

Here in the USA, comparable Vista editions are priced the same as the XP editions they replace, and the new Vista editions are priced where you might expect for the additional features provided.

Vista Basic----comparable to XP Home Edition.  Full retail license price for both:  $199
                                                                                        Upgrade retail license price for both:  $99

Vista Home Premium----comparable to XP Media Center, which was never available for retail purchase.
                                                                                        Full retail license price:  $239.00
                                                                                        Upgrade retail license price:  $159
                                          ----in OEM channels, Media Center always seemed to sell at a price point about halfway between OEM Home
                                               ($85) and OEM Pro ($135), or about $110; Vista HP seems to be right in there, about halfway between Vista
                                               Basic and Vista Business

Vista Business----comparable to XP Professional Edition.  Full retail license price for both:  $299
                                                                                                          Upgrade retail license price for both:  $199

Vista Ultimate----not really comparable to any XP Edition.  Full retail license price:  $399
                                                                                                         Upgrade retail license price:  $259

Tuesday, March 20, 2007 9:20 PM