view scan reports RRS feed

• Question

•  

How do you view past virus/scan reports.  I had a trojan horse that was deleted and I wanted to know the name of the trojan horse.  I wanted to see if it caused any problems to my system.  I cannot find a view past virus scan report that will tell me the name of the trojan horse.  The only scan report that I can find is the most recent scan report.

Thanks

Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:59 AM

Answers

• You can open OneCare, click on Change Settings, logging tab, create support log. A report will open in your browser. Scroll down to the virus and spyware section.

-steve

Saturday, May 17, 2008 1:45 AM

All replies

• You can open OneCare, click on Change Settings, logging tab, create support log. A report will open in your browser. Scroll down to the virus and spyware section.

-steve

Saturday, May 17, 2008 1:45 AM
  • OneCare also logs the detection events to the System Event Log. You can filter for Source=OneCareMP and Level=Warning to quickly get the list of detections from the Event Log.

Windows OneCare Live scan has detected spyware or other potentially unwanted software.

For more information please see the following:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=37020&name=Trojan:Win32/Zapchast&threatid=2147506525

Scan ID: {D5D4C2AC-4AE7-40A8-AF70-0919219D54D7}

Scan Type: AntiMalware

Scan Parameters: Custom Scan

User: ComputerName\UserName

Name: Trojan:Win32/Zapchast

ID: 2147506525

Severity: Severe

Category: Trojan

Path Found: file:C:\Users\<username>\Desktop\GreetingCard.exe->(RarSfx)->csrss.exe;containerfile:C:\Users\<username>\Desktop\GreetingCard.exe

Detection Type: Concrete

Randy Treit [Microsoft]

Saturday, May 17, 2008 4:45 AM
  • Good additional information, Randy, thanks!

-steve

Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:57 PM