Client PC Uploading Files to WHS Very Slow RRS feed

• Question

•  My WHS connected with 4 client PC, 2 PC have 1000M adapter can perform very good speed on either downloading and uploading files to WHS, the 3rd PC is an old desktop has 100M internet adaptor, I keep it turn on for BT and eMule downloading, but the uploading speed to WHS is very very slow, for exemple it took around 70 minutes for upload a 140M file, is there any set up I missed to improve the transmision speed? the 4th PC is an old Toshiba M20 laptop which has the same problem as the 3rd PC, do I have to replce the internet card to 1000M one to improve the transmision speed?

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Happy New Year!
    Friday, January 2, 2009 12:17 AM

Answers

• guillaume001 said:

My WHS connected with 4 client PC, 2 PC have 1000M adapter can perform very good speed on either downloading and uploading files to WHS, the 3rd PC is an old desktop has 100M internet adaptor, I keep it turn on for BT and eMule downloading, but the uploading speed to WHS is very very slow, for exemple it took around 70 minutes for upload a 140M file, is there any set up I missed to improve the transmision speed? the 4th PC is an old Toshiba M20 laptop which has the same problem as the 3rd PC, do I have to replce the internet card to 1000M one to improve the transmision speed?

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Happy New Year!

Perhaps your NIC in PC 3 is failing or maybe there is a problem with the driver for it.
    Friday, January 2, 2009 5:12 AM