Excel 2007 upgrade RRS feed

• General discussion

• I receive automatic MS updates, and a recent Excel 2007 update (Dec 16-20, 2011) resulted in printing problems for my spreadsheet graphics.  The preview looked correct, and the graphs printed properly, but the data labels didn't print on the top half of the page.  I attempted to resolve the issue by changing printers and even recreated the spreadsheet in a new workbook with the same printing problem results.  Finally, I uninstalled the recent Excel 2007 update, from Windows Update/View Update History/Installed Updates and the problem was resolved.  There must be a problem in this update. 

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:02 PM

All replies

• I am having the exact same problem, ever since last Wednesday the 21st.  I had a co-worker print one of my documents from Excel 2010 and it was fine, so it's not a document issue.  I found that it's only screwing up graphs in the top 1/2 of each page.  If I move all my graphs to the bottom 1/2, the data labels print fine.  How can we fix this? 
    Wednesday, December 28, 2011 12:24 AM
  • Perhaps the MS software team will see this and resolve the problem. In the meantime, go to All Programs/Windows Update/View Update History/Installed Updates; look for update to Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB2596596). Highlight this update, then select Uninstall.  This will fix the problem.  If you have auto updates, this update will reinstall in a few days so you'll have to do this again until they get it resolved.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012 3:50 PM