Sound Problems with Money RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I use MS Money (UK) V14 Financial Suite, with the v1105 patch.  Since switching to Windows 7, I'm not getting sound from Money.  The Program Settings indicate that Sound is On and the remainder of my PC Sound is working fine. I have the same set-up on a laptop and "Money" sound works fine.  Any ideas please??  Is there a Registry setting that relates to whether Sound is On and if so which setting is it?

Thank you, Graham

Monday, January 17, 2011 11:14 AM

All replies

• Graham,

This happened to me on Windows 7 with the US 2007 version.  I believe that it happened when I changed my desktop theme from Aero to classic.  I found it was necessary to manually add back the sounds.  I not sure about the UK version, but in my version you do that with Tools>Settings>Program Settings>Sounds.  It's rather tedious to manually select a sound for each action, but that did bring the sounds back.

If anyone knows how to restore the default sounds, please post.

Bill Becker

Monday, January 17, 2011 12:51 PM
  • I think you will find the Money sounds logged at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\MSMoney\
    Compare the settings on the two PCs and if necessary copy the sub keys from one to the other..

<Hapi_Chappie> wrote in message news:304c335c-5039-4d62-94fa-93e0048f5199@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

Hi, I use MS Money (UK) V14 Financial Suite, with the v1105 patch.  Since switching to Windows 7, I'm not getting sound from Money.  The Program Settings indicate that Sound is On and the remainder of my PC Sound is working fine. I have the same set-up on a laptop and "Money" sound works fine.  Any ideas please??  Is there a Registry setting that relates to whether Sound is On and if so which setting is it?

Thank you, Graham

Graham Mayor - Word MVP
    www.gmayor.com
    Posted via the Communities Bridge
    http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/
    Monday, January 17, 2011 2:53 PM
  • I also have no sounds. I'd be grateful if someone were able to paste the correct registry settings so I can copy them and repair my copy.

Regards

Ian

Wednesday, August 17, 2011 7:33 PM