"Home" page for on-premise deployment RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone!  I am a newbie, so please bear with me!

At Convergence, we saw a recent feature of Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online called the "Getting Started Pane" which shows up as a "Home" page in the Workplace section of CRM.  It is almost exactly what we would like for our salespeople's main page.  However, this feature does not seem to be available with the on-premise version.  Does anyone know if/how we can create or develop a "Home" page like this in our system?

Thursday, May 13, 2010 6:44 PM

Answers

• You can create a custom page and include instructions and even links to related areas of the application.

Reference the custom page in your site map and have the user select that as their default home.

(It might be a challenge to automatically get this to show up first, since that's conrolled by the user's settings, but I've seen users write a quick application using the SDK (or use an unsupported update to SQL) to force every user to have the same default homepage within CRM.)

Scott Sewell, CustomerEffective | http:\\blog.CustomerEffective.com | Twitter:@ScottSewell
    Tuesday, May 18, 2010 10:30 AM