WHS Connect Software won't uninstall RRS feed

• Question

• My trial period for WHS is up, but I can't uninstall the connector software from my Vista Home Premium (32 bit) machine.  It begins to uninstall, goes through a few motions, and then the uninstall window disappears, but the software is still listed in my programs.  I have tried repairing and reinstalling before uninstalling, but no luck.  Any suggestions?
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 8:04 PM

All replies

• If the WHS is still there, you can do:

go to the commandprompt

slmgr.vbs -rearm

Reboot WHS ...and you have another 30 days

PS: You can do this a 2nd time after the above 30 days are over.

"Gammit10" wrote in message news:304f6c83-891e-4bd0-bc7f-e85a83a6b2fb@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

My trial period for WHS is up, but I can't uninstall the connector software from my Vista Home Premium (32 bit) machine. It begins to uninstall, goes through a few motions, and then the uninstall window disappears, but the software is still listed in my programs. I have tried repairing and reinstalling before uninstalling, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Have a nice day!
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 9:48 PM
  • Sorry.. this only goes for the WHS Vail beta..... not for the WHS V1 trial edition..
    Sorry for the confusion..

"Leen" <ms_windows_2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6f33c771-e30c-473a-9332-9d9652f32012@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

If the WHS is still there, you can do:

go to the commandprompt

slmgr.vbs -rearm

Reboot WHS ...and you have another 30 days

PS: You can do this a 2nd time after the above 30 days are over.

"Gammit10" wrote in message news:304f6c83-891e-4bd0-bc7f-e85a83a6b2fb@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

My trial period for WHS is up, but I can't uninstall the connector software from my Vista Home Premium (32 bit) machine. It begins to uninstall, goes through a few motions, and then the uninstall window disappears, but the software is still listed in my programs. I have tried repairing and reinstalling before uninstalling, but no luck. Any suggestions?

-- Have a nice day!

Have a nice day!
    Sunday, August 8, 2010 9:49 PM
  • ...] It begins to uninstall, goes through a few motions, and then the uninstall window disappears, but the software is still listed in my programs. [..

From Add/Remove programs, when after uninstaling the WHS connector software is still in the list of programs, just reboot, then try uninstalling for a second time. Worked for me when this happend.

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Sunday, August 15, 2010 7:53 PM
  • ...] It begins to uninstall, goes through a few motions, and then the uninstall window disappears, but the software is still listed in my programs. [..

From Add/Remove programs, when after uninstaling the WHS connector software is still in the list of programs, just reboot, then try uninstalling for a second time. Worked for me when this happend.

- Theo.

No home server like Home Server
    Did that, and it didn't work.
    Sunday, August 15, 2010 11:18 PM