none
Want to add something concerning the pPoints contributions policy RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm contributing to the C# forum since a while. Me personally I would rather to contribute with a code snippet that I tested and it works on  my machine than  to give a link to the asker inspite of the fact that this needs more effort and time.

In fact what I remarqued (after doing a small statistics on MSDN) is people who contributing code snippets to resolve others problems have less points than people giving just links (helpfull or not is relative and is another issue).

This statistic result is logic because people who leveraging code snippets from scratch and then testing them will spend more time(less answer=>less points) but in the counter part their answers are more accepted than the others 

What I recommand is that code snippets contributors should recieve additional points if someone mark their proposals as an answer. By giving a simple link to the asker (That may(20%) or may not (80%) answer the issue) you do less effort than someone who just focusing on that particular problem, opening his/her VS and try to find out a solution by him/her self and once everything is fine the solution is sent to the asker. The asker from his her side I think he or she be more confortable with the solution that fits exactly to his her need more than a given link.

Given that, the code snippets contributions should be rewarded because it needs extra time and effort (Of Corse once the thread is proposed or marked as answer). Hope that the MSDN staff take this issue in consideration

Reguards 

The complexity resides in the simplicity Follow me at: http://smartssolutions.blogspot.com
    Saturday, July 23, 2011 5:23 PM

All replies

• Hello MASNSN,

Thank you for taking the time to report issues or provide comments and suggestions. Your feedback helps us improve the quality of the TechNet Site and will be passed on to the TechNet product team for further evaluation.

Have a nice day.

Thanks
    Liam Huang
    STO Application Team
    Server and Tools Online Operations Team
    Friday, August 19, 2011 6:00 AM
  • Just like there is a bronze medal for "Code Answerer", there should be one for "Screenshot Answerer" (maybe not named exactly the same).

I usually answer people's answers with a screenshot if possible, easier for the answerer to post, and easier for the question asker to understand. Win-win! Thanks!

Kunal D Mehta - a Windows Server Enthusiast.
    Thursday, August 25, 2011 4:26 PM
  • And why not the same for the video answer a kind of integrating a youtube video within the msdn page that showes the solution
    The complexity resides in the simplicity Follow me at: http://smartssolutions.blogspot.com
    Saturday, August 27, 2011 3:50 PM