Clear the Print Queue RRS feed

• Question

• I am using a laptop and many times I do not have immediate access to a printer.  When this is the case I will spool print jobs and leave them in the spool until I can get to my printer.

During Startup Windows Live does not appear to be happy when it finds jobs in the Print Queue.  It downgrades its status to Fair and displays a message teling me that there is a problem.  Invariably, the 'problem' is that there is a job in the print queue that has been in the queue for "a long time" and which is, "... affecting security or performance."  This is a pain in the neck.

Is there anything I can do, short of deleting needed print jobs, to stop this behavior?

Sunday, July 20, 2008 12:58 PM

Answers

• Unfortunately, there is no workaround for this behavior. OneCare monitors the Print Queue and assumes that any jobs sitting in it at boot is junk. A clogged print queue can be a problem, which is why they coded this into the Tune-up feature (which is the topic folder where I'm moving your post to). They should have provided a facility for you to disable this check since you have a reason for the "clogged" queue.

-steve

Monday, July 21, 2008 5:31 PM