Only 4 pages indexed for my site !!! RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi,

My site (www.learn-math.info) has more than 20.000 pages and the crawler has been indexed only 4 pages (Last crawled: 11/12/2007).

Also, I have put sitemap.xml in the Webmaster Tools.

What happen?

Friday, December 14, 2007 4:38 PM

Answers

•  admin.learnmath wrote:
    "Use only well-formed HTML code in your pages".

This meen to be XHTML?

Are you jocking Alex ?

Most of the sites of the Internet use "old" versions of Html, and have no problems.

My most important site yet use :

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

and I have 10th of thousand pages indexed in MSN Live  Smile

But old version of Html does not mean bad use of Html.

I try - the most as possible - to verify that my code is "standard".

If you use the FireFox browser, you can use the excelent "Html Validator" plugin

that will tell you "live" if your pages are W3C valid or not, and will easily show you errors.

Oukiva

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:06 AM
  • So the issue isn't with design of your HTML.  When I respond to people's posts on this site I try to look for common themes;  Problems lots of people might be having.  This is why I suggested you look at the indexing guidelines.  There are three common problems that I have seen on the forum so far.

1. Content
    2. Linking
    3. Technical issues

The indexing guidelines describe these issues and potential solutions.  The solution to getting your site ranking better probably has to do with one or more of these.   Sorry I can't be more specific.

Jeremiah

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:58 PM

All replies

• Wonder if anyone has had site crawled since 11/12?  Also last date of bot visit to my site.

Friday, December 14, 2007 8:10 PM
  • 9/11 was my last crawl. 
    Sunday, December 16, 2007 12:45 AM
  •  solenarodesigns2 wrote:
    Wonder if anyone has had site crawled since 11/12?
    Yes,
    Code Block

Website address: www.paroles.net
    Indexed pages:   47 800
    Last crawled:    14/12/2007

Sunday, December 16, 2007 2:07 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for the post.   There are lots of reasons why a site may not be "fully indexed"  and I can see that all your pages are not indexed in other search engines.  We are always growing our index and looking for the best content we can.  I appreciate that you loaded your sitemap and it is a good way to improve your index size.  I would encourage you to look at SEO best practices as there are lots of positive things you could do that would improve your sites visibility and rank.

Jeremiah

Monday, December 17, 2007 5:57 PM
  • Thanks Jeremiah for the respons.

Speaking about other search engine (google I have 6200 and yahoo I have 2639), I think each one have a limit of pages indexed for free. But in MSN Live I don't find any explanation for only 4 pages.

I have looked at SEO and the only one that I think can produce problems would be :"Use only well-formed HTML code in your pages". This meen to be XHTML?

alex

Tuesday, December 18, 2007 5:50 PM
  •  admin.learnmath wrote:
    "Use only well-formed HTML code in your pages".

This meen to be XHTML?

Are you jocking Alex ?

Most of the sites of the Internet use "old" versions of Html, and have no problems.

My most important site yet use :

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

and I have 10th of thousand pages indexed in MSN Live  Smile

But old version of Html does not mean bad use of Html.

I try - the most as possible - to verify that my code is "standard".

If you use the FireFox browser, you can use the excelent "Html Validator" plugin

that will tell you "live" if your pages are W3C valid or not, and will easily show you errors.

Oukiva

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 2:06 AM
  • Hi Oukiva

I'm trying  to see why I have only 4 pages indexed.

I have validate my main page with Firefox (HTML Validator) and no errors only some warnings from google adsense javascript.

Google Adsense could be the problem for MSN Live ?

MSN Live don't like google adsense ?

alex

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 4:45 PM
  • So the issue isn't with design of your HTML.  When I respond to people's posts on this site I try to look for common themes;  Problems lots of people might be having.  This is why I suggested you look at the indexing guidelines.  There are three common problems that I have seen on the forum so far.

1. Content
    2. Linking
    3. Technical issues

The indexing guidelines describe these issues and potential solutions.  The solution to getting your site ranking better probably has to do with one or more of these.   Sorry I can't be more specific.

Jeremiah

Wednesday, December 19, 2007 6:58 PM