Shared Hosting for Sync Services RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know of hosting or shared hosting companies that provide Sync Services for ADO.NET on their SQL Server 2008 databases? Shared hosting would be great as money is tight. I need download only sychronization.

Thursday, September 18, 2008 5:51 PM

Answers

• Have you taken a look at SQL Server Data Services?  This is a "highly scalable, on-demand data storage and query processing utility services".  In the past we have demonstrated using this as a repository of data enabling you to sync data to. 

With this it would be quite straight-forward to implement sync to download data to your local database.

Feel free to contact me at FirstName.LastName@microsoft.com and I will see if there is some additional information I can provide to get you started on this.

Liam

Friday, September 19, 2008 4:26 PM

All replies

• Have you taken a look at SQL Server Data Services?  This is a "highly scalable, on-demand data storage and query processing utility services".  In the past we have demonstrated using this as a repository of data enabling you to sync data to. 

With this it would be quite straight-forward to implement sync to download data to your local database.

Feel free to contact me at FirstName.LastName@microsoft.com and I will see if there is some additional information I can provide to get you started on this.

Liam

Friday, September 19, 2008 4:26 PM
  • Yes this web hosting company can help you.
    I am using their services from long time and never had any problem till now.
    Tuesday, January 27, 2009 5:27 PM