Can I use PP1 if my WHS only has one hard drive? RRS feed

• Question

•  

Can I install PP1 to gain access to the new features if I do not use two Hard Drives?  I noted in the Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 Public Beta Release Documentation it indicates you MUST be using multiple hard drives.

Server Upgrade Installation

Ensure you have a working Windows Home Server with multiple hard drives that is running the original version of Windows Home Server (you will see a build number of 6.0.1500.6 in the Windows Home Server Console – Settings – Resources page).

Monday, July 7, 2008 2:53 AM

Answers

• Yes.
    Monday, July 7, 2008 3:08 AM
  •  Chuckarter wrote:
    Can I install PP1 to gain access to the new features if I do not use two Hard Drives?  I noted in the Windows Home Server Power Pack 1 Public Beta Release Documentation it indicates you MUST be using multiple hard drives.

Ensure you have a working Windows Home Server with multiple hard drives that is running the original version of Windows Home Server (you will see a build number of 6.0.1500.6 in the Windows Home Server Console – Settings – Resources page).

I believe the reason MS put that in the documentation is to get as many people as possible to test Power Pack 1 and see if the data corruption bug has been resolved.  (Keep in mind, it's only a beta version at this point.)

But, as kegobeer already said, yes, it will work with only one drive.

Monday, July 7, 2008 3:13 AM

All replies

• Yes.
    Monday, July 7, 2008 3:08 AM
  •  Chuckarter wrote:

I believe the reason MS put that in the documentation is to get as many people as possible to test Power Pack 1 and see if the data corruption bug has been resolved.  (Keep in mind, it's only a beta version at this point.)

But, as kegobeer already said, yes, it will work with only one drive.

Monday, July 7, 2008 3:13 AM