How do I count all records for an entity with over 10,000 records? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to get a total number of records for an entity. I am using MSCRM 2011 and am limited to only knowing that there are 5,000+ when I build a view in CRM. If I export to Excel, I am limited to only exporting the first 10,000 in the list. Is there a way to get the total number without code or a plugin?

Thanks

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 5:27 PM

All replies

• The only way I know is by code using paging. There is also fetchxml with aggregation but you are limited to 50.000

My blog: www.crmanswers.net - Rockstar 365 Profile

Wednesday, November 19, 2014 6:07 PM
  • Hi,

If it is an OnPremise deployment you can extend the 10000 record limit when exporting to Excel. This is unsupported, however works fine. I know this is not the answer to your question, but might be a workaround. :)

https://community.dynamics.com/crm/b/mscrmtech/archive/2012/09/04/crm2011-extending-the-10000-record-limit-when-exporting-to-excel.aspx

Thursday, November 20, 2014 5:09 AM
  • If you are using onpremise, you can use sql to select count from the table. If you are using online, I believe you can open a case to Microsoft for the table usage.

Once you mentioned about the export, no matter you use online or onpremise, there is a tool called ModifyMaxExportAllDeploymentsTool which can allow you to change the total export number limiation.
    Thursday, November 20, 2014 6:01 AM
  • You can also use our free tool "Bulk Workflow Executor" as this has a handy count of records contained in any view. It works online too and will return an unlimited number of results.

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Thursday, November 20, 2014 10:06 PM
    Answerer
  • I normally just create a chart that count across an empty field

Resultater med Microsoft CRM

Thursday, November 27, 2014 9:07 PM
  • Nice idea - How do we do the chart that count across an empty field. High level steps please

Kind Regards,

Satya

Thursday, November 27, 2014 10:04 PM