migratiing from XP to Windows7 and other XP computers without One Care installation RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded the tool retore tool to another XP computer without One Care installed. My files are a on a networked drive but I do not know how to specify the restore. What name are the files under. This these backups were done periodically automatically and I did not kwow where the files were going other than that they went to the back up drive.

Tuesday, October 27, 2009 9:18 PM

Answers

• As far as I know, the restore tool is the same interface that exists within OneCare. That means that you would need to point the restore to the location of the OneCare backup on your networked drive. The backups will typically be made to a folder on the backup drive called "Windows Live OneCare Backup" and each PC backup set will be named with the PC name and the year.
    If you need help, you can contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Wednesday, October 28, 2009 1:14 AM