Configuring Jupyterhub in Ubuntu DSVM for Active Directory Authentication RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Team, We( Microsoft internal team)  have a created a Ubuntu DS VM in Microsoft virtual network and we are able to access using the admin credentials.

We are trying to configure Active directory Authentication and we could not do that.  i have gone through different online materials but i could not succeeded. 

Can some if successfully configure this, your guidance on this is really appreciated. 

Thanks 

Pratapkumar K

v-prkuni@microsoft.com

+1 4254456748

Thursday, February 21, 2019 12:56 AM

All replies

• We provide directions on how to do this on our GitHub repo. Please give those a try. Once the VM is set up, you should be able to log into JupyterHub with your domain credentials.
    Thursday, February 21, 2019 11:41 PM
  • Hi Paul,

How does using those directions compare to this tutorial?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/machine-learning/data-science-virtual-machine/dsvm-common-identity

Would my understanding be correct that the github directions are focussed on providing AD integration for one single DSVM, while the common identity does this for any DSVM in the subnet, thus providing more flexibility?

Both at the end say that logging into JupyterHub using AD credentials should work.

Monday, March 18, 2019 7:57 AM