Third Party tools to edit Word Documents with a Deny Delete Permission RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a folder that is being shared by several standard users on my Windows 7 PC, I would like to add a restrictions where the standard users cannot delete the folder and sub-folders & documents but they can Read & Write on the documents.

I have Allow Read & Write on the folder and sub-folders & documents but Deny Delete & Delete sub folders. It work fine, I cannot delete the folders and sub documents but I cannot Edit my documents saved on Ms-Excel & MS Word 2010 but I can edit documents in Notepad & PDF.

I've learn fromblogs and forums that words & excel create a temporary files when editing is being done and while saving the temporary word doc is deleted. But with a deny delete permission, word cannot delete nor save the document.

My Questions is, whether there is a third party tools that can make the editing of words documents with a Deny delete permission???

s.ram

• Moved by Jie Bao Monday, June 4, 2012 2:46 AM (From:Word for Developers)
    Friday, June 1, 2012 11:42 AM

Answers

• Hi S.Ram,

Thank you for posting in MSDN Forum.

According to your description, I feel your issue is more like an Office end user issue. It is suitable to repost the issue on Office Answers Forum. The correspond link is: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office
    The experts there may give you more suggestions or workarounds.

Best Regards,
    Quist

Quist Zhang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Proposed as answer by Mr. Wharty Monday, June 4, 2012 3:03 AM
    • Marked as answer by Mr. Wharty Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:37 AM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 2:43 AM