Live Care wants backup every day RRS feed

• Question

•  

I set my backup to an external hard drive and scheduled it for every 2 weeks. I did an initial backup which was successful but every time I boot my PC Live Care gives a message that it need attention; it cannot access the external hard drive because it is not always connected (the best way I thought). The settings state the next backup is not due for 10 days but Live Care wants to do the backup every day. Have I got a setting wrong?

Tuesday, August 19, 2008 11:46 PM

Answers

• I think that it may be a good idea to reset the backup plan if it is trying to do a daily backup and you have configured it to happen every 2 weeks. The only other reason I can think of for the daily complaint about needing to backup is if the last backup was not successful, hence the daily attempt to do this backup. If you have let OneCare do the backup it missed, it shouldn't ask again the next day unless it thinks it is set to do a daily backup.

To reset the plan:

Open OneCare

Click Change Settings

backup tab

Click Configure Backup

Click change settings in the lower left

Make sure that the first screen for Centralized Backup has "No Centralized backup" selected

Click your PC on the left.

Uncheck the selection for "Turn on backup for this PC."

Click Next and save the revised plan.

Go back to the backup tab, configure backup and click Change Settings in the lower left once again.

Select your PC and click.

Click Turn on backup

Select the change location link and select the drive you want to use for backup

Modify the schedule as desired for "When"

Select the file types as desired for "What"

Click next and save the revised plan with the new selection.

If that doesn't work, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Wednesday, August 20, 2008 1:42 PM