Error exporting to Excel RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Advanced Find and when I try to export to Excel, I get the generic error popup.  In the trace log, I see the error below.  Any ideas?

MSCRM Error Report:
    ------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Error: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Error Message: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Error Details: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Source File: Not available

Line Number: Not available

Request URL: http://crm.pccdr.org/CRM/_grid/print/print_data.aspx

Stack Trace Info: [NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       at System.Xml.XmlEncodedRawTextWriter.WriteString(String text)
       at System.Xml.XmlWellFormedWriter.WriteValue(String value)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppGridExportUIProvider.RenderDocumentHeader(TextWriter writer, String viewName, String entityPluralName)
       at Microsoft.Crm.Controls.ExportToExcelPage.ConfigurePage()
       at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppUIPage.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

[HttpUnhandledException: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.]
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at ASP.crm__grid_print_print_data_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Friday, January 7, 2011 12:00 AM

Answers

• Kindly verify if there is any plugin is registered which is causing this error.

Primary Entity : none

Secondary Entity : none

Might sound silly, also try to replace /_grid/print/print_data.aspx page from a working instance.

Saturday, January 8, 2011 1:40 PM

All replies

• Kindly verify if there is any plugin is registered which is causing this error.

Primary Entity : none

Secondary Entity : none

Might sound silly, also try to replace /_grid/print/print_data.aspx page from a working instance.

Saturday, January 8, 2011 1:40 PM
  • I experienced the same problem after installing Rollup 16. I tried it on a copy without Rollup 16 and its working. I guess Rollup 16 is the culprit. I also tried to replace  /_grid/print/print_data.aspx but it still throws an error.
    Friday, July 8, 2011 2:25 PM