Daily Price changes RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All, I'm new to Dynamics and am looking to see if there is a good way to handle daily price changes.
    So suppose you have a national delivery service and you charge one line item for the labor as a standard rate (easy enough) and
    then you charge a separate line for the Fuel Charge (Which varies day to day) and then you charge a fuel surcharge of say 5% of the daily Fuel price.
    And just to make it more complex you can have Diesel or Regular Fuel and varying % surcharges depending on the customer (Multiple Price lists?)
    So the first question is, is there a good way automatically update the fuel prices in multiple price lists? and the second question, is it possible to base my surcharges on the list price of the Fuel product? And along those lines when you are adding products to a quote are you limited to using just one price list?
    Thanks for your Help,
    Scott
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 4:36 PM

All replies

• Each invoice/quote can only use 1 price list, so any products will use the same price list.

The price list items can use a percentage instead of a fixed value, so for example you can specify 105% which will take a percentage of the list price.

If you use percentages you will only need to update the price once on the product.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Saturday, August 24, 2013 11:08 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Paul. Am I right in thinking that if I want the surcharge to be a separate line item though I need to have a separate surcharge product and price list item? I was able to setup a 5% fuel surcharge product and make it 5% of list but this just makes for another place I need to update the fuel price. Any other thoughts?
    Monday, August 26, 2013 2:35 PM
  • Yea, if you wanted to have separate line items like that you would need to maintain both products/price lists.

At least you could have the list prices the same, and use the 5% of list in the surcharge product so you don't have to work out the percentages yourself.

Hope that helps

Paul

If my response helped you find your answer please show your thanks by taking the time to "Mark As Answer" and "Vote As Helpful".

Twitter LinkedIn Facebook Blog Magnetism

Monday, August 26, 2013 7:13 PM