Could not create a new job because the database is full RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone please provide any help on this message.

??? Invoke Error, Dispatch Exception:
    Source: HpcSchedulerCore
    Description: Could not create a new job because the database is full.

We're using MATLAB cluster running under HPC Windows Server 2008. The error happens without any particular reason once in a month. Searching the web didn't help.
    Friday, April 24, 2009 8:35 AM

Answers

• You should only see this error message if you're database (which stores all of the jobs, nodes, etc . . .) is full, either because you've reached the 4GB maximum with SQL Express or you're out of disc space.  If you're seeing it once a month and not running 10's of thousands of jobs in that time frame . . . sounds like something is goin horribly wrong :(

You may wan to give support a call.
    -Josh
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 12:15 AM

All replies

• You should only see this error message if you're database (which stores all of the jobs, nodes, etc . . .) is full, either because you've reached the 4GB maximum with SQL Express or you're out of disc space.  If you're seeing it once a month and not running 10's of thousands of jobs in that time frame . . . sounds like something is goin horribly wrong :(

You may wan to give support a call.
    -Josh
    Saturday, May 2, 2009 12:15 AM
  • If you didn't specify particular version of sql server for HPC

then default installation is the Sql Server 2008 express or R2

In my case, we have a HPC Server 2008 R2 with SQL Server 2008 express r2 as default installation.

SQL Sever express R2 does not support  big storage like over 10GB.

You can refer site here. http://www.microsoft.com/express/Database/

My suggestion is 

1. Go to HPC 2008 R2 Cluster Manager 

2. Select Configuration section

3. Select "Configure job scheduler policies and settings" on Deployment to-do List

4. Change number of days of "Job record retention period" that

determine how many days of completed jobs you wish to keep

I think it would help you to avoid your problem if you have limited tasks of jobs which  SQL  Sever Express can cover.

I hope it can help you.

Thank You

DongYong

Friday, April 8, 2011 4:12 AM