How to migrate data from one entity to another one RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a question about migrate one entity data to another one.

For example, I have an entity named 'EntityA', there is another entity named 'EntityB1' associated with 'EntityA'. The relationship between 'EntityA' and 'EntityB1' is 1:N. Before all 'EntityB1' records are associated with 'EntityA' records(at least they reference EntityA's GUID). Now there is a new entity named 'EntityB2' associated with EntityA. EntityB1 is not going to be used anymore. That means all new EntityB2 records are going to connect to EntityA (EntityA's GUID). Now here is the problem, we still have lots of old EntityB1 records in Database. We want to migrate all those records to EntityB2, but still connect to same EntityA's GUID, and delete EntityB1, which will not be used anymore.

So how can I make this happen? What's the best way to do this?

Thanks.

Friday, April 26, 2013 3:28 PM

Answers

• Hello,

Export all the data of the Entity B1 with the export tool located on the ribbon. Remember to have the headers and export all data from all pages of entity. Then in the Excel open the exported data. Unhide all the columns. You could see all of the fields. Change the required fields to meet the requirements of the entity B2. Then save the file as XML 97/2003 file. Import the file to entity B2 using import tool and the desired mapping.

My Weblog | My Website

Friday, April 26, 2013 3:52 PM