unmountable boot volume in vista RRS feed

• Question

• I have an acer Aspire-5315-2681 laptop running home version of Vista.  I came home on Friday and the computer was displaying a unmountable_boot_volume error with the error code ***STOP: 0X000000ED (0x82C67030, 0XC000000E, 0X00000000, 0X00000000).      I have tried all the modes of restarting the computer, I have put my backup volume in and it does not recognize it.  The software came preloaded in the computer when I bought it for christmas and it does not have a recovery disk. 

If someone could help me that would be fantastic.  I am having to use my 700 year old computer to even ask for your help.  Vista wiped out the internet on my one computer a year ago and now this with my new laptop.  I am really starting to hate vista.  It can't be easy like xp, you cant just make a system disk from one computer and use it to fix the other.  Hundreds of fixes for this error for xp.  No real solutions for vista.  Even on this forum when you type in unmountable boot volume it takes you to the xp problem.
    Tuesday, September 2, 2008 4:13 AM

Answers

• Dear cindygirl,
    I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having with Windows Vista. The two recommendations I have are that you  1) contact the company from whom you purchased the machine (as you may be having a hardware problem with the hard disc's boot sector) and 2) that you visit the support site for Vista. You should be able to find the information you need there.

Good luck,
    Jenifer
    • Edited by JeniferA Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:22 PM added information
    • Marked as answer by JeniferA Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:22 PM
    Thursday, September 4, 2008 5:20 PM