changing credit card info RRS feed

• Question

• i have been trying to find out how to change my credit card info as my subscription expires 8/08 because the card that is on file is on a closed checking account. when i try to log in to the billing portion it says i have no billing account using my subscription email and password.  I need to resolve this before i expire, and i have contacted microsoft with no reply for two weeks now, does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?  I know we get an email 30 days prior.  I guess i could always cancel and purchase again if necessary, but seems like such a hassle to do that.  thanks for any information or help in advance.

Saturday, May 24, 2008 8:14 PM

Answers

All replies

• Perhaaps you are not using the Live ID and password associated with your One Care account. Open One Care>Help>About to see the Live ID associated with your subscription.

Sunday, May 25, 2008 2:54 PM
  • i've done all that....thanks tho

Monday, May 26, 2008 12:12 AM
  • If logging in at http://billing.microsoft.com with the LiveID shown in Help/About in OneCare as the Subscription ID returns an error about no billing account, please contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Monday, May 26, 2008 7:43 PM
  • thats the error thank you steve

plus when i looked to see again what email address i used to activate i realized i had made a typo, then it all came together and i was able to login in finally, but still getting the no account information error.  with you link i shot them off an email and explained it all corrected my email address and my problem.

thank you for your help, i guess i should have been more specific with the error i was receiving, but i couldnt remember it LOL.

Kelly

Monday, May 26, 2008 7:46 PM
  • You're welcome, Kelly. Do let us know what transpires with support. I'll be interested in why you can't access the billing account information with the subscription LiveID.

-steve

Monday, May 26, 2008 10:52 PM