Cannot select a matching connection role to the same connection role (i.e. Friend/Friend) RRS feed

• Question

• Currently using CRM 2013.

Steps:
    1. Created a connection role "Friend" and save.
    2. Tried to Add existing connection role under Matching Connection Role(s)
    3. Could not find "Friend" connection role.

This worked in CRM 2011
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 4:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Jan-Michael,

I'm working on CRM 2013 On-Premise with Rollup 1 and are still having the same issue as you.

On a fresh orgranization connection role Friend already exist with category social and is already related to itself.
    If I create a new connection role e.g. Companion and want to add Companion as the matching role then I'm able to find Companion in the lookup, select it and add it. But the just added relation is not shown in the grid of matching connection roles and if I look in SQL Database table connectionroleassociation no new rows has been added.

It is a supported functionality according to the SDK 2013 where your example is the first mentioned:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg328007(v=crm.6).aspx

I'm trying to register a support case with Microsoft but are currently having problems with our Customer Source access.

Br,

Henrik

Regards, Henrik Bo hansen

Monday, February 17, 2014 7:40 PM
  • Hi Henrik, Jan-Michael. Same issue here with CRM 2013 online. Did either of you have any success getting this sorted?

Thanks, Dan

Monday, March 17, 2014 1:10 AM
  • Jan-Michael reported this via Connect, so you can vote for this to get some attention and hopefully be fixed:
    https://connect.microsoft.com/dynamicssuggestions/feedback/details/810922/cannot-select-a-matching-connection-role-to-the-same-connection-role-i-e-friend-friend

Hope this helps.
    Adam Vero, Microsoft Certified Trainer | Microsoft Community Contributor 2011
    UK CRM Guru Blog

Monday, March 17, 2014 3:15 PM