70-680 Certificate? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I have just recently passed 70-680 TS: Windows 7, Configuration and I have received my MCP. I am able to download my transcripts but whenever I check the download certificate link, it says that I do not have any certifications yet. When I checked the website of Microsoft, passing 70-680 exam completes the requirements for the MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration certificate. Does that mean that the new 70-680 no longer has a certificate to download and that I have to take 70-685 as well to obtain certificates such as MCSA and MCITP?

Sunday, February 3, 2013 5:05 AM

Answers

• Is your certificate now available?

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

• Marked as answer by Icatabran Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:43 PM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:32 PM

All replies

• Hi,

When was it that you have passed your current paper? If it is not too long, give the system some more time else you may want to contact Microsoft Regional Learning Center (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/help.aspx).

As for the 2nd part of your question, first allow me to congratulate you on attaining your MCTS in Windows 7. Yes, you are right that you will need to attempt and attained 70-685 in order to achieve MCSA Windows 7.

Lastly, your certificate will be available for you to download no matter whether that exam has reaches it's retirement stages. Thus, no worries on that part.

Cheers.

Regards,
    Milton Goh
    MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
    Blog: blog.nerdytwo.com
    Twitter: @miltongoh

Monday, February 4, 2013 2:16 AM
  • Hi,

Thank you for replying to my post. I passed the 70-680 exam just last February 1, 2013. I am able to view my transcript so I was wondering why I cannot see the certificate for MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration. I was thinking that maybe they already took out that certificate in replacement for MCSA (which means I have to take 70-685 exam to get a certificate). I am fine with the transcript but it means a lot more to have a certificate to show.

Cheers

Monday, February 4, 2013 9:46 AM
  • Please do wait for a few more days before contacting Microsoft Regional Learning Support. I usually get the transcript and certificate together therefore it is best that they answer to you on this.

Regards,
    Milton Goh
    MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, MCTS, MCP
    Blog: blog.nerdytwo.com
    Twitter: @miltongoh

Monday, February 4, 2013 4:34 PM
  • yeah, it is weird that I only got the transcript. Maybe they took out the MCTS this year (even if it's still in their website)
    Monday, February 4, 2013 4:38 PM
  • The MCP site states that it can take up to 7 days for the certificate to become available for order/download.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, February 5, 2013 10:19 PM
  • Is it normal for the transcript to appear first before the certificate?
    Wednesday, February 6, 2013 9:38 AM
  • Yes.

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 11:55 AM
  • Is your certificate now available?

Jeff Wharton

• Marked as answer by Icatabran Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:43 PM
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 9:32 PM
  • Yeah, I got it after I asked microsoft support about it but I think you guys are right, transcripts first then certificates can take as much as one week
    Tuesday, February 12, 2013 11:44 PM